This a very cool technology.

[video=youtube;hmtCOVRyAlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmtCOVRyAlg[/video]

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What kind of view is that? Hard to watch from a Birdseye.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I think he is doing a drifting demonstration... Very cool

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
dam that's wild.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

I remember views like that from my college years after drinking a bunch of Boone's Farm.

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL

You have to move the pointer around the frame, that's the whole point. watch it again but this time, grab the screen (Right click, and move your mouse) or use the virtual joystick to rotate the screen. This allows to you "rotate" the camera view within the sphere of what's been recorded.

Now if we can just get WEC (IMSA is a lost cause for streaming at this point) to adopt this tech for the race.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You have to move the pointer around the frame, that's the whole point. watch it again but this time, grab the screen (Right click, and move your mouse) or use the virtual joystick to rotate the screen. This allows to you "rotate" the camera view within the sphere of what's been recorded.

Now if we can just get WEC (IMSA is a lost cause for streaming at this point) to adopt this tech for the race.

Or just watch it on a capable phone. If you watch it on your phone, pointing your phone in various directions accomplishes the same thing, at least on the Ford Performance Facebook page. Very trick.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
You have to move the pointer around the frame, that's the whole point. watch it again but this time, grab the screen (Right click, and move your mouse) or use the virtual joystick to rotate the screen. This allows to you "rotate" the camera view within the sphere of what's been recorded...

When I did that, I went over on my head!! :lol :facepalm: