2023 ZO6. Wow. 670 hp NA, 8600 redline

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Yah. Instant torque is not necessarily a good thing. However, I expect that these cars, being computers on wheels, have traction control and all the electronic nannies, so it’s probably moot.

Reactions: Empty Pockets

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
The rear view of the C8 definitely is the weakest aspect for me
This is the result of a design philosophy centered around accommodating golf clubs.

Reactions: Stef, jaxgt and dbk

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
I have one on order but in terms of sound........I still prefer my Shelby 350R. True Muscle Car Sound.

Reactions: JOETWINT

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
C7 and C8 corvettes look like wannabes to me :poop:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Emira looks good but as your history shows it will on be temporarily in your garage.But I always enjoy and look forward to reading your write ups
If a Ford GT can’t make you happy nothing will.
On the new C8 , looks like a Big Bang for the dollar! Pun intended! Love how people confuse it with the new Ferrari.
I’m sure parts will be less expensive than our new GT’s.
Either way, do what ever makes you happy!
In my humble opinion. 05/06 Ford GT is the one!

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Emira looks good but as your history shows it will on be temporarily in your garage.

lol you may be right. For me the GT was too expensive to be comfortable driving around (I can afford it, but just not comfortable doing it!), and I must admit I never warmed to the doors. To put it mildly.

And I don't have room to keep a car I don't enjoy driving. I sold my GT and 993 last year and bought a mint '05 NSX, but it's not really fast in today's context, plus it's gone way up in value already, so I really don't want to drive it either! Here's a recent sale https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-acura-nsx-12/

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Cayman GTS (normally aspirated 400HP manual tranny), but wasn't really excited about it. I've had a bunch of air-cooled Porsches and a 944 Turbo Cup factory race car (had that one 29 years), but the Cayman just seemed........boring.

So I was excited to hear about the Emira. I had an Elan in the 80's, an Elise Sport 190 track car (accidentally drove that on the street a bit), and more recently a 2011 Elise, but my old brain found that just too small and too rough.

Geeley has apparently done an OK job with Volvo, and probably for the first time in their existence, Lotus has the resources to do a good car. I expect them to follow with more mainstream cars, err, SUVs, that will make up the bulk of their sales, just like everyone else. If Porsche and Maserati and Alfa can do it, why can't Lotus?

But in any case, the Emira looks pretty nice....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
lol you may be right. For me the GT was too expensive to be comfortable driving around (I can afford it, but just not comfortable doing it!), and I must admit I never warmed to the doors. To put it mildly.

And I don't have room to keep a car I don't enjoy driving. I sold my GT and 993 last year and bought a mint '05 NSX, but it's not really fast in today's context, plus it's gone way up in value already, so I really don't want to drive it either! Here's a recent sale https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-acura-nsx-12/

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Cayman GTS (normally aspirated 400HP manual tranny), but wasn't really excited about it. I've had a bunch of air-cooled Porsches and a 944 Turbo Cup factory race car (had that one 29 years), but the Cayman just seemed........boring.

So I was excited to hear about the Emira. I had an Elan in the 80's, an Elise Sport 190 track car (accidentally drove that on the street a bit), and more recently a 2011 Elise, but my old brain found that just too small and too rough.

Geeley has apparently done an OK job with Volvo, and probably for the first time in their existence, Lotus has the resources to do a good car. I expect them to follow with more mainstream cars, err, SUVs, that will make up the bulk of their sales, just like everyone else. If Porsche and Maserati and Alfa can do it, why can't Lotus?

But in any case, the Emira looks pretty nice....
You should look at what I just bough. A 2019 Carrera T . Did a Cobb tune and air cleaner Sharkworks exhaust Tpc module and sway bars
dyno at just over 500 horse

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Now that GM has created a NA V8 that produces 10-20 HP more than the NGT's forced induction V6, maybe there's hope for one last IC powered GT, perhaps an ENGT ... Extremely New GT (@SYCO GT 's term :)) maybe with a NA V8, or who knows, maybe something more ... :unsure: :cool:

For those of us without an NGT (yet!), we can dream, eh ...

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Nah, the next FGT will be some kind of electric vehicle. Y’all heard Raj at the Rally dinner—Ford is all-in on transitioning to E-vehicles. That was also the corporate message at SEMA.

When there’s an established LMGT-EV class, that’s what might stimulate a new FGT.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
That engine is absolutely incredible. I still can't stand the car aesthetically.

Recommend a very dark shade of Persols. :cool:

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011

Last edited: