2021 Sebring

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
The Ford GTs absence is painfully obvious as we watched yet another race from turn one with the c8, beemer and 911. The GT is a race car built for this type race, on American soil, and there really is no valid reason for it not to be out there either in FoMoCo colors or private livery. Ford had NO presence in the race on track, show or even vendor. Mr. Farley, if you read this, please consider.

Reactions: Stef

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Unfortunately there will be no reconsidering. That ship has long sailed.

Reactions: THamonGT

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Regretfully true!
But still missed by all

Reactions: Stef and THamonGT

Rstomp

GT Owner
Nov 30, 2019
Naples, FL

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
I will repeat my humble plea for Ford to return to Sebring. Once again, on what should be Ford’s home turf, no blue oval to be found. I know the GT3 mustang is coming for 2024, but why is the GT not racing? I know we’ve been told “that ship has sailed”, but that’s a position that needs revaluation. Mr. Farley, you know first hand the void that’s out there. Don’t let First On Race Day remain Fear Of Race Day! Thanks KO

Reactions: extrap and Stef

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I will repeat my humble plea for Ford to return to Sebring. Once again, on what should be Ford’s home turf, no blue oval to be found. I know the GT3 mustang is coming for 2024, but why is the GT not racing? I know we’ve been told “that ship has sailed”, but that’s a position that needs revaluation. Mr. Farley, you know first hand the void that’s out there. Don’t let First On Race Day remain Fear Of Race Day! Thanks KO

Based on Ford GT racing history I always assumed there would be a at least a few privateers running after the full factory works program ended.
The Keating/Wynn team, I thought was the first of what would follow, a slew of others.
Just look at what J.W. Automotive did in 1968/69. And we all know how potent the new car is, more of a LMP2 in it's not so dumbed down version.
Just set aside a couple dozen chassis and at the least you'd have spares for customers if needed.
I am sure Ford has its reasons, and I can live with that. But like you I like to see the Blue Oval out there kicking ass, racking up victories and making history. But what do I know, I'm just a dreamer amongst the Ford faithful.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Maybe Ford is satisfied to start up racing every once in a while, dominate and then shut 'er down ... vs the grind and expense of racing every year, and the occasional losses that would surely come with it.