2021 Ford GT battery question

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
I just got my 2021 Ford GT
Mind blowing beautiful, waiting for the paint to cure and then apply the ceramic coating.
Cannot drive before that.
Question: how long does the battery lastbefore going dead if the car is not driven?
Your advice is welcome.
Thanks in advance

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just keep it plugged in. The official guidance on battery life before it goes to sleep is not accurate. I've seen them go to sleep in 2 days and seen them not go to sleep for 3 weeks.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
My standard parking procedure when returning to my garage is to put the wing up, lower the drivers window about a half of an inch, and plug the maintainer in. I do this every time out of habit just in case I don’t get back there for a few days.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
^This.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Yes, just as Special K said. Congratulations! Photos are a must- we all enjoy seeing these incredible cars. Also- you said “ceramic coating” but I highly recommend paint protection film first (Xpel, Suntek, etc), and THEN ceramic coating.

Reactions: THamonGT

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Thank you all for the useful and nice comments.
Yes, I failed to mention that it was both, paint protection and ceramic coating.
I shall be sending pictures, but just as you know, it is liquid blue, silver wheels, red calipers and blue alcantara interior.
I hope Ferrari does not see my comment, but I have a La Ferrari TDF blue, and I think that the Ford GT is even better looking,
if that is possible.
When I saw the car being unloaded in front of my house I was speechless!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Eduardo, I've met you many times, over many years. You're the consummate gentleman, and car guy. I'm sure Ferrari would understand, but you may get bumped down on the list, for the next newest and greatest!!

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I was told that on the 21, the power port inside the car will not reverse charge the battery. The port in the rear trunk or (preferred) the two post in the front trunk where to be used with the charger/maintainer.

Reactions: Special K

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Eduardo, I've met you many times, over many years. You're the consummate gentleman, and car guy. I'm sure Ferrari would understand, but you may get bumped down on the list, for the next newest and greatest!!
Well, thank you very much for your kind words.
The car will be ready to be driven early October, and I will be going to France
to visit my daughter and grand daughter after that.
But please let me know how to contact you and we could get together to talk and see cars of course.
Best,
Eduardo

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Well, thank you very much for your kind words.
The car will be ready to be driven early October, and I will be going to France
to visit my daughter and grand daughter after that.
But please let me know how to contact you and we could get together to talk and see cars of course.
Best,
Eduardo

Eduardo.
Are you coming to France with your new Ford GT ?
If you have a problem in France, you can contact me.
Have a good trip.
european.ford.gt.owners.club@gmail.com