2020 Options and pricing

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Sorry if this has been covered. I am not one to "lazily" post a question without doing due diligence on finding the answer first. I am looking for all of the options and the cost of each that were available on a 2020. Is there a list somewhere that I can get a link to? Thank you in advance for any info!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Concierge should easily be able to send to you

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No. You only saw a list when you were given an allocation and it was time to order.

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Can some of you that bought a 2020 please list your options and the cost of each? I have an agreement to purchase one but curious as to why some have brought $1.2m at auctions and some are for sale for less than that. Some are listed for considerably more. I understand the Heritage livery commanding a premium but what other options are justifying higher prices on some cars? There has been a 2019 one owner car for sale right at $1M and there have been no takers, yet I have seen other 2019s recently go for more. I know I am not going to "steal" one but just trying to make myself feel better about paying almost double sticker price for a used car. (Obviously I have taken mileage out of the equation as a 15 mile car will bring more than a 3000 mile car) Thank you!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Besides carbon wheels, ti lugs, harness bars, interior color scheme, there isn’t much more that comes to mind. Of all those, only the carbon wheels are impactful to the price, like maybe $25k iirc. The rest are $1-2k. I forget what the interior schemes added, if anything.

Usually, by far the most expensive option is the custom color paint which varies by difficultly of the paint. So I would say standard msrp or build price doesn’t quite exist as most cars are pretty custom on the paint.

Reactions: PeteK

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ken - I'm pretty sure NGT owners paid MSRP, and if true you can see the pricing for about 10 of the 2020s' options on this window sticker https://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Window-Sticker-75642.jpg

Reactions: Chris A.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I believe most custom paint options were $30k ish unless something very unusual/complex.
Also, if someone locked their custom color, was another $10-15k if I recall

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Also dont forget the base MSRP has changed along the way too (gone up)..

Options were in 2018:
Interior upgrade (included seats, and exposed CF trim)
PTS
CF wheels
Painted calipers
Leather vs alcantara steering wheel
Belt harness
Exhaust (became standard on later cars)
Stripes
Matte finish (stock color palette)
Exterior exposed CF trim.

Last edited:

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Carbon option bumped the price up too.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Counterintuitively, the Heritage models are more "standard" than any of the others. With the several heritage models, you were locked in to the configuration of that model with only a very few, if any, options. On the other hand, if you specified your car color, wheels, and other options, your car is bespoke. There probably are not any others exactly like it.

So how does that affect value? It pretty much comes down to what you want and for which you are willing to pay, versus anyone else in the market at that time. And if it is at an auction, it depends greatly on who showed up for that auction that day. I can interpolate a difference of 20% for substantially the same car in different venues. Color is a very personal like/dislike, so depending on the buyer, it could add to, or subtract from, the price. For that reason, I don't think custom colors or extended palate colors add much to the value. The original buyer got to choose his favorite color, and probably paid another $30K or so for the bragging rights, but subsequent buyers won't value it as much.

But as daytrayd said, you should expect to pay more for one with carbon fiber wheels, other factors being equal.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I disagree, a PTS color can make a HUGE difference in value.

But you are very correct on Heritage, with the exception of the first heritage there have been 50 each year, which equates to ~20% of anual production. Heritages are "common" relatively speaking....

bitbuster

Feb 16, 2018
Especially for 2022 I have a feeling that there might be more heritage editions built than base models. There are currently 3 different heritage models in production and like around 250 cars to be built this year. My guess would be that over 100 will be heritage. So I agree getting a PTS color maybe gives you an advantage in value if you ever resell. Especially if you consider the heritage livery is like an 220k extra.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
The amount of options has less effect on the resale price than does the combination of options. You can add all the options up including PTS and color lockout and still be under $150k in options (using the most extreme PTS case scenario that I’ve heard of). So like others have said, sale prices are mainly affected by how in demand a certain spec is and how many are available for purchase. If you’ve found a car that you like and it’s in the ballpark of other car’s prices then go for it!

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Is it possible that there are different prices for options on a Canadian GT than one built for the U.S. market?