2020 Corvette thoughts?

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I say, it is about time they came out with the mid engine, great bargain price, but really not very attractive, especially if compared to the 05 06 GTs. Last great corvette in my opinion was the c-2, have a 66, but certainly not a GM man especially after they took the bail out

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: franimal007

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There are plenty of "Special Ed" type guys out there that will order one in gold.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I tend to start liking a car design after a few years - I guess I´m really not a "first mover" ;) - so I´m still trying to like the C7 model :D My first thought for the C8 was that it was the perfect evolution of the Toyota MR2

My next Corvette will be a 2009-2010 ZR1 instead.
I had a 2009 ZR1 for a while recently, and it was a BEAST ! Had a cool fob controlled exhaust valve that would let you get loud when you wanted to. Like my recent Hellcat, almost too much power to get to the ground until you are in 3rd gear or so. Had a blast with it, and very reliable.

Attachments

• photo_1.JPG
    photo_1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
The New Corvette and a Seminar by the design director will be shown in person as part of the StJohns Concourse of the Americas on Friday and Saturday July 27, 28. Next week.
My 2017 Ford GT Liquid Blue will be shown in the " Supercar" Class on the lawn all day Sunday. Maybe I can talk to the Corvette guys and get a "parking side by side " photo shoot of my car and new Corvette.
Andy (ajb)

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Yea’ I doubt there going to go for any of those photo comparisons.

And I smell a price change coming real soon.

Last edited:

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Competition breeds innovation and disruption. 60k entry price is disruptive and an excellent bang for the buck. I can't wait to see how the competition responds. Even though I think it looks like an NSX and 458 made a baby on the hood of a Crossfire, I personally like it (don't love it), probably looks great in person though. I also look forward to seeing the "performance" Z06 and ZR1 versions.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I echo what Stef said. $60k for the base model, and their benchmark was supposedly the 458? Either they cut a LOT of corners or they will be losing money.
And I smell a price change coming real soon.
I was thinking the same thing.
Maybe like the $35k Tesla model 3, not many exist. We'll see.

Reactions: Apollo

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Will be interesting to see how the race version performs. BOP will take care of most advantages/deficiencies, but the handling should be better.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Will be interesting to see how the race version performs. BOP will take care of most advantages/deficiencies, but the handling should be better.

I've always liked the Corvettes, but have never owned one. Never could afford a sports car or justify the cost until the Ford GT. Still can't believe I bought the 06 GT and I still ask myself why I did it, but definitely don't want to part with it now that it's mine. If I was to buy another sports car, the Corvette's price point for what you get is phenomenal. Racing for me is pretty boring now because of the BOP. There is no real competition in racing anymore with the BOP. NASCAR, what a joke. There is nothing stock about those cars like before the 80s(?) when BOP started.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
I have mixed feelings on the external design. The front reminds me a little of the Lambo Aventador, which I like. Side view reminds me a little of a Ferrari (not sure of the model), the rear still looks like a C7 Vette. Agree it appears to be a great value, but it is NO WHERE near the beauty of either the 2005-2006 GTs nor the 2017-2020 NGTs. Performance will be interesting to watch, but expect it will be several years before they get it "dialed it".

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Hate the rear, exhaust tips, cheap wheels and looking forward to getting mine from a Kerbeck soon.😎

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Ditto. Pleasantly so.
But, as I had figured, the base engine appears to be 'it' power-wise for now.
'Hope I'm still able to drive when the T.T. is finally made available. Shoot! I hope I'm still alive!
Buy one without an engine, you know it'll never leave the garage anyway!!!:p

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
The 3rd year, wide-body, up-market, fire breathing Z06, LT1's, etc....with either Superchargers or Turbo's will be killer!!!

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Only thing that comes to mind when I look at that massive rear end is Kim Kardashian with extra silicon

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Buy one without an engine, you know it'll never leave the garage anyway!!!:p

Oh, SHUDDUP, '17! ;)

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
$60K Starting on a Mid Engine Car for 2020? How can we even complain?

I may order 2 lol. I can use everyday, track all the time and maybe one to stash in the garage since this is the first MID ENGINE Corvette a lot of enthusiasts waited for.

This will be a perfect daily driver slash track car you can drive to the track cross country.

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
The price was hard to believe,and the power was not even close to what I expected. Is GM's strategy to see just how many they can pump out to recover their investment? Then if and when they start making a profit they can introduce a model ( ZR1 ? ) that will be more what hard core Corvette enthusiasts were hoping for? I respect what they have produced but I think they would have been better served coming out with their big gun while also offering the entry level option. I bleed blue so it only academic to me, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I respect what they have produced but I think they would have been better served coming out with their big gun while also offering the entry level option...

+1

As I intimated at the beginning of this thread, I was hoping G.M would do just that...but, given what's so often been the case in the past, I 'knew logic dictated it would likely turn out to be a pipe dream. And it has. Again.

'So very frustrating...

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
2020 CORVETTE THOUGHTS?

NONE.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I told a local Corvette fan welcome to 1962. However fast forward to 2022. The two American supercars will be the Zora and the Tesla Roadster.