2020 Carbon Series ..... got the call. Some new options for 2020.

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
I got the call yesterday as my ordering window is here now. A couple new options for 2020 that I was not aware of:

1- Matte finish is available on all the exterior carbon fiber trim as well as the wheels. Does anyone have an opinion on this? I was going to go gloss all the way because the stripes are only available in a gloss finish and the matte finish might not look correct. However, I am considering it. I have not noticed this on any of the carbon series cars that I have seen lately.

2- All the interior "theme" options that are on the regular GT are now available on the new 2020 Carbon Series GT. Thoughts?

I am going with an Extended Palate color in a more pronounced Blue, something like McLaren's Aurora Blue or Ferrari's Blue Ellectrico and Corsa Blue.

I am really curious to get feedback on the matte vs. gloss finish as well as the interior options. I did not realize these would be options.........

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Is the leather wrapped steering wheel an option now?

Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Matte is extremely difficult to repair if there is a problem. what happens sometimes, when people wax/ polish, especially if they use a machine, they go to deep and "break" through the matte and you have a shiny spot which is almost impossible to repair.
I would get the paint you want and then get a satin / matte ppf. You will probably be doing the whole car with ppf anyways and will be cheaper than the matte paint for sure.

Last edited:

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I got the call as well. Unfortunately the base price, ECP price, and carbon series package price is also up since last fall when I deferred my order. Fortunately the S&P is up more than the GT price increase so the only loss was missing a driving season.

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
I got the call as well. Unfortunately the base price, ECP price, and carbon series package price is also up since last fall when I deferred my order. Fortunately the S&P is up more than the GT price increase so the only loss was missing a driving season.
LOL, very true!

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
Matte is extremely difficult to repair if there is a problem. what happens sometimes, when people wax/ polish, especially if they use a machine, they go to deep and "break" through the matte and you have a shiny spot which is almost impossible to repair.
I would get the paint you want and then get a satin / matte ppf. You will probably be doing the whole car with ppf anyways and will be chapter than the matte paint for sure.
This is excellent feedback, great idea. Thank you!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
My pleasure. Always willing to help out when I can, with my limited experience compared to others here.

Reactions: 1997spider

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
how much was the price increase?

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
2020 Base starts at 512,200

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims and GKW05GT

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Dare I say ,I feel as though I got a deal?!

Reactions: 93extxdps

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I Thank I Got A Steal on #H045 delivered July 24, 2017!

Reactions: JWZ and 93extxdps

DLM

Mar 28, 2019
Simon, the leather steering wheel was an option when my order was locked in August.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Simon, the leather steering wheel was an option when my order was locked in August.
I begged for a leather wheel, but was emphatically turned down when ordering my 2019 LW. I also begged for liquid red but that was nixed too. I hate having to wear stupid driving gloves to protect the alacantara wheel!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I begged for a leather wheel, but was emphatically turned down when ordering my 2019 LW. I also begged for liquid red but that was nixed too. I hate having to wear stupid driving gloves to protect the alacantara wheel!

should be able to order a spare steering wheel?

LMF427

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2019
California / Florida
No liquid red for the paint color or no liquid red for the accent pack?

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
No liquid red for the paint color or no liquid red for the accent pack?

Yes.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten

Yup. I look like a total douche driving around with gloves on. Haha.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Brian, don’t forget to bring some Grey Poupon when you’re driving around with your driving gloves on. Oh wait, the Carbon Series doesn’t come with drink holders so there is no place to store it - never mind.
1F8811A0-37F9-4076-AFC1-B10087034721.jpeg

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dare I say ,I feel as though I got a deal?!
Yes indeed as in addition to the base price increase the carbon series price went up $5,000 to $75,000.

DLM

Mar 28, 2019
I was told that due to popular demand the leather wheel was now available. It was a very low-priced option.