ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

The color appears to be quite a bit differen't from the '06 Heritage and a lot closer to the color of the 1969 Le Mans winner (1075). A decade+ ago I saw a photo of the hood of 1075 up against the hood of a 2006 Heritage and the blue color of 1075 was a lot lighter. It looks like Ford matched the original rather than the '06 car.

Chip

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
wow that is interesting.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I was told today that the Heritage color for the 2019 Heritage was matched from an unmolested paint sample of an original GT40 Heritage Gulf from behind a taillight so pretty original without being weathered or worked on. It will match original color! Will be displayed tomorrow! Can’t reveal my sources but is factual!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Baby blue and orange. Now there's a surprise!.. I think they would have had the cover a little better figured it out. Funny to see the exhaust tips melt through the cover. They could had something taped in place and had the rear camera available for the driver

And where is Maxemus? I figured he would have had that video

Last edited:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Interesting indeed! Will be awesome!

Should have been brought in under the cover of darkness in the middle of the night like a MI-6 or OSS operation.

Those dudes almost totally blew it :frown

Last edited:

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
My thoughts are that they decided to paint one of the mules instead of having to do all the carbon work. I can confirm that it is indeed an original gulf blue color with marigold orange hammerhead. The car is in Laguna and will make its debut tomorrow midday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Distracted with all the activities. Spent some time this am with bye Enzo, Frank the tank, and Fred in NY.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
My thoughts are that they decided to paint one of the mules instead of having to do all the carbon work. I can confirm that it is indeed an original gulf blue color with marigold orange hammerhead. The car is in Laguna and will make its debut tomorrow midday.

What carbon work are you thinking about?

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
To quote Gomer Pyle, “Suprise, Suprise, Suprise!” Not much mystery there. I wonder if I should try to drive my new GT with the cover still on when I take delivery next Wednesday to keep the neighbors guessing.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
What carbon work are you thinking about?

The roundels and possibly the A frame.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You can choose exposed carbon roundels which is truly unique as an option on the 2019 Heritage and would look different!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
The car is in Norwalk ohio right now. my phone has been blowing up with pics from all my racing buddies.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Post them then!

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Exactly; if you got pics show them.... Why wouldn’t you???

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
yes post them up!!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Heading to the track soon for the unveiling. I will post pics as soon as I get them boys.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
look forward to it.

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
I have a picture they sent me May 30th, but have no idea how to upload to here. It was a four picture set of the Gulf colours and piping on seats being two colors. and of course the Roundels in Carbon fibre. The number 9 is on the roundels

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I have a picture they sent me May 30th, but have no idea how to upload to here. It was a four picture set of the Gulf colours and piping on seats being two colors. and of course the Roundels in Carbon fibre. The number 9 is on the roundels

I will post that one as well after the reveal. Just rather wait for that moment. Don’t want to break my agreement.