2016 Pebble Beach Concours Week

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
We are doing a drive on Saturday on the 17 mile drive.... as beautiful as the drive is down highway 1, you may want to reconsider and do a drive on the 17 mile drive. Highway 1 may still be full of fire trucks and big rigs fighting the huge fire in the mountains between Carmel and Big Sir. We made the drive a week or so ago and it was a mess.

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
We never miss it.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Drop by the Miura display at The Quail...I'll be there babysitting my pistachio machine!
Should be easy to spot. :) Look forward to seeing you there.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
I'm there from Weds to Sunday. My car is entered in The Quail and Concorso Italiano. Plan on going out on "dawn patrol" on Sunday for the Pebble Concours.
We will also be at the Quail... we will look for you as well!

Funny thing... the parking lot at the Quail is a car show of it's own! My GT will be lurking outside on the lawn!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
We are doing a drive on Saturday on the 17 mile drive.... as beautiful as the drive is down highway 1, you may want to reconsider and do a drive on the 17 mile drive. Highway 1 may still be full of fire trucks and big rigs fighting the huge fire in the mountains between Carmel and Big Sir. We made the drive a week or so ago and it was a mess.
I hope that's cleared up by next Thursday. We're supposed to drive the new NSX to Big Sur and back. Stuck in smoke and fire truck traffic will somewhat reduce the experience... :bored

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
LIMITED CLOSURE OF HIGHWAY 1

Acreage/Containment: 67,092 acres - 50% contained

​Due to an increase in wind and fire activity in the Big Sur area over the last two days, a limited closure of HIGHWAY 1 will occur at 10:00 P.M. August 8, 2016.

HIGHWAY 1 will be closed to all traffic in both directions between Palo Colorado Road and North Coast Ridge Road.
It is scheduled to be re-opened at 6:00 A.M. August 9, 2016, but the closure will be continually re-evaluated based on fire conditions, and the threat to public safety.

Carmel Fire.jpg

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm glad that car is going to a good home.
Most of Miller's collection is now at the Shelby American Collection (in Boulder) so it is expected that CSX2000 will have a rather (semi-) permanent home there. They do rotate cars out for other events so it won't necessarily always be there.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Ed Simms, Triheart, Steve and the wives it was great meeting you all at the Concorso Italiano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Blugh! What a bummer. Need a short but hard rain up there to clear that out.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
My car seems very well sorted. The guy who restored it spent 3 years and 4000 hrs on it. He's a mechanical genius. Subsequent owners also cared well for it. Car is a P400 but has an SV build on the motor. It has S brakes. Ignition system upgrades. Stiffened chassis upgrades vs an original P400. For a 50 y/o machine it is a rocket!
That's terrific. Btw, when I showed my 10 y o son your photos, he said "Hey, Valentino Balboni!". Another proud papa moment. He's the kid with the green Miura model I posted a while back. Congrats on proper use of a super-sweet ride!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
#2 Ford GT on the putting green at Pebble Beach

image.jpg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Chances are in one week it will be better. If not we can blitz the Hollister Hills twisties nearby.

Thanks for the offer on the Saturday drive but I will be at Concourso Italiano checking out all the Miuras on Saturday. After our lunch stop on Friday if we are done driving we will head over to the Quail.

Ed

BobK

GT Owner
Oct 27, 2012
Hello;
My wife and I will be in Monterey for the week.
The GT will be staying home.
Instead, just for the pure fun of it and in memory of my sister-in-law, we will be displaying @ Quail our rescued, hands on and fully restored '55 Lambretta motor scooter w/it's original side box purchased new here in Fresno, CA. If time allows please stop by, check her out and say hello!!!!
Regards,
Bob

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
Is anyone going to the Jet center party tomorrow ?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
Chances are in one week it will be better. If not we can blitz the Hollister Hills twisties nearby.

Thanks for the offer on the Saturday drive but I will be at Concourso Italiano checking out all the Miuras on Saturday. After our lunch stop on Friday if we are done driving we will head over to the Quail.

Ed
not likely... I think I heard they may be fighting this fire thru September!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Our lunch stop is not near the fire so we may have a shorter route! I guess more time at the Quail.

Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
ok, we drove down to Big Sir and had lunch at Ventana's about a week ago and it was hot and smoky and lots of slow traffic... be safe

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Go ahead punk make my day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Sir Jackie Stewart with the Alan Mann GT40, holding court.

Attachments

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
You had a great week!!