2016 GT Interior features

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
This cupholder works well. And it actually holds cups, not just bottles like Stormcat's (which haven't been available in the three years I've had my car).

5D3_9136.jpg

5D3_9135.jpg

This tray (the ugliness of which is not so apparent in reality) holds phone, sunglasses, etc..

And, see the little plug sticking its head out on the left? That's how you play your tunes from your phone/MP3 player. The disc is where the Garmin GPS attaches.

5D3_9137.jpg

jcthorne fabbed some low profile wipers that look a lot better than OEM. Padded elbow rests are available.

Kayvan may have a condom dispenser figured out.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Rocketman, could you post or point to a pic of the actual lighting and where it is mounted in your car?

I used flex led strip across the top of the rear glass in mine and while it works, I am not happy with the glare. Fortunatly its easily removed. I like the lighting provided in your pic, just need a few pointers in what was done.

Thanks.
JC
The other upgrade I like that you did was the shift boot and brake .Note mine in the picture
Here is the LED picture
The only issue is the lights only go on when you open a door.So I have a little LED flashlight in the armrest storage.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 89

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
The shift and brake boots look great! :)

Kinda hard to tell from this photo but what is the LED strip adhered to? The forward edge of the headliner or the top of the glass or...?

These appear to be cool white LEDs and they look good against the black and silver interior.

I installed a rocker switch overhead to allow the lights to be turned on manually. Since the power side of the circuit is supplied via the power saver relay and the ground side is switched at the door switch, adding a circuit through a single pole switch to ground worked well. And if you forget to turn them off, the power saver relay still takes care of them for you as OEM.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The shift and brake boots look great! :)

Kinda hard to tell from this photo but what is the LED strip adhered to? The forward edge of the headliner or the top of the glass or...?

These appear to be cool white LEDs and they look good against the black and silver interior.

I installed a rocker switch overhead to allow the lights to be turned on manually. Since the power side of the circuit is supplied via the power saver relay and the ground side is switched at the door switch, adding a circuit through a single pole switch to ground worked well. And if you forget to turn them off, the power saver relay still takes care of them for you as OEM.
Your very cleaver! I truly admire your ingenuity! .But what I really appreciate is you share!
I believe its the very top of the windshield.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Thanks.

I share because I have gotten so much from others on this forum, especially when I was a new and confused owner, that I hope to give back in some small way. It makes my day when I see one of my ideas used in another GT.