2010 Final Edition Viper

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Here are pics releaesed this morning for the Final Edition.

50 will be made and only 32 will remain in US. I have one on order. I like it --but have never been wild about the fang stripes. (I got Coupe version)

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Any oustanding specs on this last edition? Seems like the latest fad is to produce, for marketing purposes no doubt, a limited edition of a certain #. Will certainly miss this car. Have a Black on Black 99 ACR that I love but wouldn't mind a later or earlier model.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Congratulations on your purchase.....it is certainly a bitter-sweet feeling for me to see the Viper run come to conclusion. Although I am a blue-blood Ford guy for many reasons I came close to owning one of these too.

AJB (Andy Benedict

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
You must have has some inside info as I think they were all spoken for.

Glad to see you get one:thumbsup

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
You must have has some inside info as I think they were all spoken for.

Glad to see you get one:thumbsup

I think they are all ORDERED by dealers but nor sure all have been sold to customers.

281cammer

Aug 20, 2008
Never been that excited over grey Vipers, but this is a nice looking car.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Call Bernie at BJ Motors one of our sponsors. He workd out of Houston with a Dodge dealer and they buy all the Viper production and sell at great prices. May be able to save you money. His advertising is in Autoweek. His # is 866 779-2332 and has a great inventory. Bernie@TomballDodge.com Tomy Hamon

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
I have a couple of the FE Viper Coupes left. If you are interested in one of the FE cars or one of the Voodoo or any of the special editions give me a call. 1-*888-332-9433.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I have a couple of the FE Viper Coupes left. If you are interested in one of the FE cars or one of the Voodoo or any of the special editions give me a call. 1-*888-332-9433.

You may want to call Bernie. This may be the one Viper that will hold value. There is one on ebay doing fairly well. Bernie is also the king of ACRs.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
You may want to call Bernie. This may be the one Viper that will hold value. There is one on ebay doing fairly well. Bernie is also the king of ACRs.

Definitely call Bernie if you're looking at one of these he is the best!

I really like the final edition colors, congrats on your purchase! Should go well with your Bob Lutz '92.

As far as values, i recently bought '92 RT10 #12 which was a Dodge Engineering/Marketing car (#18 was the first sold to the public) I loved the viper growing up and it's surprising to me that the 92s have never gone for much of a premium but maybe that changes with production ending...or maybe not. Either way its a cool car to have in the collection and cost me a little more than a new camry...

Hotwheels

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Austin, TX
Collectible Vipers

I have a '96 Viper GTS which was the first year they made coupes and they were all blue with white stripes. I've held onto it because I think it will one day be a collectors item. I'm sure this limited edition final production version will also be collectible as well as other limited run versions and factory one offs. There have been so many limited editions, though, that the question begs, which ones will ultimately be worth the most in say 10-20 years? Don't forget the competition coupes!

-Matt

H

HHGT

I have a 96 GTS as well - thank you Bernie! Untouched, unmodified in pristine shape with less than 5K on the Odometer. I think longterm the unmolested 96 & 98s will hold the value the best but final editions also demand top $. If Fiat kills the future Viper then its any one's guess.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I think you all are right. IMO, the 92, 96 and 98 GTS-R right now are the only arguably collectiables.

The 2010 Final Ed I ordered is not the first FE Dodge has made. They had an 02 FE before coming out with the Gen 3 03. If this really is the end of Viper the 2010 FE may join the club. Dodge gas had way too many "special editions". I have owned several. They tend to do it when sales are slow.

H

HHGT

When I bought the 96 GTS I wanted a keeper and not a driver. I contemplated a 98 but at the time I did not want a white/blue and frankly I made a mistake, I should have bought both the 96 & the 98 that BJ Motors had.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I don't know much about Vipers - are they costly to buy? I noted recently that the Bristol Fighter, which retails at $393,000, has a Viper engine.... so it must be something pretty special.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I don't know much about Vipers - are they costly to buy? I noted recently that the Bristol Fighter, which retails at $393,000, has a Viper engine.... so it must be something pretty special.

A brand new Viper costs around $90K to $100K in the States while many used with a couple thousand miles can be had for tens of thousands less. It is very inexpensive to maintain, and a very reliable car for track use. I track my ACR and after 6500 miles it feels the same as new, but faster as the engines in the Viper tend to dyno 10 to 20 HP higher after a few thousand miles. I've got headers, hi-flow cats and a racing ECU on mine and it pulls 550 RWHP (low reading dyno) w/ just as much torque and its NA engine doesn't heat soak much either. I've seen dyno numbers drop with each pulls on cars like the ZR1 and my turbo charged Elise but the dyno numbers on the Viper usually go up with each pull. Throttle response is absolutely instantaneous and handling at the limit is very forgiving. Needles to say I absolutely love the Viper and I even drive it to work a couple times a week. Definitely a keeper and may even consider a convertible when the Gen V's comes out.

robt777

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 28, 2010
Florida & Ohio
GTdrummer did you ever receive your Viper? My FE roadster has been on order for quite a while and has been in "final inspection" for a long time. Getting anxious.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
GTdrummer did you ever receive your Viper? My FE roadster has been on order for quite a while and has been in "final inspection" for a long time. Getting anxious.

Yes--week before last --my dealer said it was the first delivered--a coupe. As soon as I can I will post picks. I have picks of FE with my 92 on the Viper SRT board. Good luck.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Speaking of Vipers I saw an article in a local paper about a couple that lives about 16 miles from me that have 40 + Vipers !!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Speaking of Vipers I saw an article in a local paper about a couple that lives about 16 miles from me that have 40 + Vipers !!

yes--and the wife got to design the last one off the line. I hate to be critical but it may be the ugliest Viper known to man.