2006 Tungsten GT for sale: No stories, perfectly cared for

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
2006 Tungsten GT: SOLD

Gentleman – I am selling my gal. Fear not - the only reason is because I have two ! To be honest, I love the GTs so much, if I could, I’d have three. It was a tough decision, but I decided to keep my Black no stripe car. They both are beautiful.

Description:

2006 Tungsten Ford GT for sale. Car is a late 2006 (VIN # > 1400) with remaining factory warranty until 10/2009. Currently has approximately 4600 very careful miles on her. I am essentially the original owner as I purchased the car in June 2007 with only 100 miles on it. I have been the only driver so she has always been babied by me and very carefully broken in. The car has never been tracked, raced, or abused in any way. There have been no burn outs, drifting or other crazy stuff. Car has never been driven faster than 100 mph either. There have been no accidents, paint, body work or stories of any sort. The exterior is clean without any scratches or stone chips or blemishes. Interior looks new and still has that new car smell. Rims have no road rash or blemishes. Car is regularly detailed and waxed, and just underwent a 2 day $300 detail for the future owner.

I have had her meticulously maintained ONLY by Forum sponsors (see below).

The GT guys inspected the car in October 2008. Less than 600 miles have been driven since.

I have the original window sticker, sales tags, books, both keys and all factory goodies (cover, charger, etc…). Also have custom carpeted GT floor mats, and the great custom key fob that Shadowman et al helped develop.

Factory Options:
Painted top and side stripes
McIntosh stereo
Gray painted brake calipers

Modifications (all done by Forum sponsors: Tony G at HP Performance or GT Guys):
Ford racing short throw shifter
Ford transaxle cooler
Accufab half shaft bolts
Upgraded Pulley and Tune with Mafia – dyno’d at approx 600 HP in hot Florida summer
Oil changed less than 1000 miles ago by GT guys
New fuel filler neck installed by GT guys in 10.08
New transaxle installed secondary to defect 12.08 – Ford warranty until 12.09
New Stillen clutch installed 12.08

I am happy to discuss with serious buyers. The car is available for the most discerning inspection.

SOLD

Pictures will be posted shortly (see below)

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Darn; up until I saw the post I was holding out and hoping that your sweetie would become the new driver of this gal; I remember when she first arrived with you and within days you did the "Shadowman" subwoofer relocation during which time your sweetie was still not certain about the gal. Then I remember you sharing that once she was in her how she too quickly became very fond of her.

Having said this I know that a black no stripe gal was your dream and I am happy that you found such a gal.

Here is what I can share to anyone considering this gal; I have worked with her owner from day one making sure that she is always in the best of health. Recently after she was given a PPI by The GT Guys during which a couple minor issues were noted after which her owner immediately contacted me wanting to properly tend to these issues. With the support of TonY G at HP Performance and myself from afar she was given a clean bill of health.

The last item that was tended to was a complete professional detail and a new OEM battery so that she will be as new when received by her new owner.

Takes care

Shadowman

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"the only reason is because I have two !"

Well, at least you didn't say your selling because "i have to.":lol

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Aaaghhh!

Mitchell -

About a month too late for me! I would have jumped on it! Tungsten is my favorite. Just used that money for an F-car! Rats! :frown

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Gordon,
Sorry you missed her. A lovely car the Tungsten gal is. I'm sure you're not suffering too greatly though with an F-car. Which model ? Enjoy in good health. Hope to see you soon.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Some photos

Gentleman,
Here are some photos. Car just underwent a 2 day $300 detailing and looks better than the day I got her.

Attachments

• gt forum 2.jpg
    gt forum 2.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 1,884
  • gt forum 3.jpg
    gt forum 3.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,060
  • engine right.jpg
    engine right.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,860
  • front 2.jpg
    front 2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,726
Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Car is in perfect condition. Will likely put on ebay this week and see what happens. Would rather see her go to a forum member. Happy to discuss car and a fair price.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I just saw the car on Saturday, and it is indeed pristine. Good luck with the sale, Mitch!

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
beautiful car, she deserves a good home. it should be like an adoption where the possible buyers need a background check before they can continue with the purchase.

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
Mitchell I talked to a few friends about the show next week in Amelia Island. I am going to try to make it up there and will call you the day before.

Did the gentleman who gave you a deposit complete the transaction with you or does he still have some more time?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Deposit on my lovely Tungsten gal was taken. Transaction should be completed within the week, assuming all goes as planned. The pending purchaser is a very nice fellow and quite the car guy. I'm sure he'll be active on this board.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
congrats, I guess, this means you will own only one FGT :)

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
She is SOLD. Thanks to the forum listing.

I am now the proud owner of just 1 Ford GT - my black no stripe gal.

Last edited:

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
She is now safe and sound in her new home.

I have to give a giant THANK YOU to Mitchell for an exceptional transaction!

I have bought and sold a number cars over the years, and this was definitely the best experience I've ever had.

Mitchell went well above and beyond to make the purchase so smooth and to be sure that we had everything needed to enjoy the GT from day one.

I believe if he could have pre-registered it with the state of Kansas for me, he actually would have already had the new plates on it when we picked it up.:biggrin

Jeff

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Jeff - You are a true gentleman and an asset to the hobby. I only hope the Gray Ghost (I love the name you chose) brings you and Gina the same happiness she brought me. She awaits your maiden voyage.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
She is now safe and sound in her new home.

I have to give a giant THANK YOU to Mitchell for an exceptional transaction!

I have bought and sold a number cars over the years, and this was definitely the best experience I've ever had.

Mitchell went well above and beyond to make the purchase so smooth and to be sure that we had everything needed to enjoy the GT from day one.

I believe if he could have pre-registered it with the state of Kansas for me, he actually would have already had the new plates on it when we picked it up.:biggrin

Jeff

Congrats Jeff - life is good!

Lance