2006 Oil Change Instructions

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Jason, know you will be busy with family, but by chance if your in California, let us know... Perhaps Monterey-Carmel?:thumbsup Again, tell your comrades we are praying for all our men and women. God Bless America!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
That will make lifting the GT off the ramp easy, so getting to the bolts should be no problem.

They are easy to get at anyway, just that the regular screw driver type of Torex is too long.

IMO, I think I would rather use a shorter tool (boy, got to be some good jokes here) than lift the GT.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Daniel,

I think the wife and I may try to take the GT to Vegas for a night or two while I'm home. (After I change the oil!)

If I had been able to make it home during the first half of August, I had thought about trying to make a day or two of the rally. Looks like I'll have to wait until next year's rally.

Best Regards,
Jason

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
These pages were given to me. Hopefully they are of some use...They are .gif images, but you should be able to print them as a legible document. If you want the very large versions they are in my photo gallery. Just click the image and it will blow up huge.

Page_1.png

Page_2.png

The images are kaput... would you mind reposting these?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
These pages were given to me. Hopefully they are of some use...They are .gif images, but you should be able to print them as a legible document. If you want the very large versions they are in my photo gallery. Just click the image and it will blow up huge.

Page_1.png

Page_2.png

Dave can you scan or r-post these images for us?????

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
subscribed so I know when the re-post occurs.

Thanks

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00996422000P there showing a six point socket on sears web store.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Can someone post the images up in a readable file?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ford GT Oil Change Procedure

1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. Refer to section 100-02. Open the engine cover.
2. Remove the oil filter cap (6A832) from the oil filter adaptor. The used oil in the oil filter housing will automatically drain into the engine when the cap is loosened. The sealing o-ring will remain with the cap.
3. Remove the oil filter element from the housing and discard the element.
4. Install a new oil filter element and replace the cap. Ensure that the sealing o-ring is in place. Tighten the oil filter cap to 25Nm (18 lb-ft).
5. Raise the vehicle.
6. Remove the 21 bolts retaining the rear engine underbody panel (63106B08) and remove the panel. (Illustration A0094313)
7. Remove the 19 bolts retaining the front engine underbody panel (115A74) and remove the panel. (Illustration A0094314)
8. Remove the drain plug from the bottom of the oil reservoir and drain the oil reservoir. (Illustration A0089407)
9. Remove the two engine oil sump / oil pan drain plugs and drain any residual oil from the engine. (Illustration A0000058, with modification to point arrows to the drain plugs).
10. Reinstall the engine oil pan / oil sump drain plugs. Tighten the plugs to 25 Nm (18 lb-ft).
11. Reinstall the oil reservoir drain plug and tighten to 25Nm (18 lb-ft). (Illustration A0089407)
12. Lower the vehicle.
13. Refill the oil reservoir with 9.5 quarts of Motorcraft 5W-50 full synthetic oil (XO 5W-50 QGT) or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSS-M2C931-A..
14. Start the engine check for oil leaks.
15. Raise the vehicle.
16. Reinstall the front engine underbody panel and the 19 retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 7Nm (62 Lb-in). (Illustration A0094314)
17. Reinstall the rear engine underbody panel and the 21 retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 7Nm (62 Lb-in). (Illustration A0089407)
18. Lower the vehicle.
19. Check the oil sump level after running the engine. The level must be checked with 1 minute of shutting off the engine.
20. If the oil level is between the MIN-MAX marks on the dipstick, the oil level acceptable.
21. If the oil level in the sump is below the MIN mark, add oil in small amounts to raise the sump level to within the MIN-MAX range. Do not overfill the reservoir past the MAX mark on the dipstick.

Start up procedures:
1. Turn the key to the on position.
2. Hold the accelerator pedal on the floor.
3. Push in the clutch fully, then push the start button.
4. Let it crank until you see oil pressure via the gauge in the dash or for 20 seconds.
Upon seeing pressure, let up on the start button, BEFORE you let up on the pedal.
5. Release the pedal and then start normally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These start-up steps as described should be inserted as step 13.1 through 13.5.

The procedure is correctly stated:

13.1: Turn the key fully-on
13.2: Depress the go pedal to the floor and hold it
13.3: Pust start button and hold for 20 sec or until oil pressure seen on gauge
13.4: Let up on start button
13.5: Start car normally - should see oil pressure within ~1 second

Also, I like to remove the pans before doing the oil filter, AND I always shove a large towel under the filter cannister to catch any oil that may drip.

Removing the pans beforehand gives you a chance to make a quick inspection of critical components. Before removal, thump on the pans gently with your fist to see if you can produce any rattles. If so, look for the source. With the pans off, look at;

1. Any traces of fluid on the top of the pans and reference where it may come from.
2. Look at the engine oil cooler approximately underneath the filter housing. Look for any seepage.
3. Look for oil seepage at the black cover of the oil pump drive belt.
4. Look for power steering pump leakage (1 or two drops is "normal", IMO)

Download the attached text file....

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Can someone post the images up in a readable file?

Hey Tom!

I have all the files if you need them, pics included. I just completed the job last week which included dumping the tranny oil as well.

I will be back from travel tomorrow evening and can send them Saturday.

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
This unit will work, and is also available at most auto parts stores. Just ask for a Mercedes or Ford Truck oil filter removal tool. I can't remember if the KD tool is cast, but it may be...not a big deal. Snap-On has a high quality tool, and forged chrome ones are also available on E-Bay. Again, search for Mercedes oil filter removal tool. If you have a Snap-On dealer, look at that and compare to KD...but the KD works just fine with no damage.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00996422000P there showing a six point socket on sears web store.

jmorken522

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Winona Minnesota
Thank You

I just picked up 2 new oil filters from the Ford Dealer today and was planning on changing my oil on Saturday. This post could not have come at a better time.:banana

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Hey Tom!

I have all the files if you need them, pics included. I just completed the job last week which included dumping the tranny oil as well.

I will be back from travel tomorrow evening and can send them Saturday.

Thanks a bunch:banana

e-mail tjp@columbiamt.com

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey King, me too please!! Esp the tranny oil part.

1superfly@gmail.com

Thanks buddy.

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
King,
Could you please e-mail as well? Thanks so much.
sks91@comcast.net

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Just a reminder, when installing the new filter, it has to snap on to the spindel of the filter assembly cap. If you don't get that snap it is very difficult to screw the cap back on.