2006 Driver Seat Elec. Harness Location

Atilla39

Sep 6, 2021
Phila., PA
Hi,
I apologize for asking the dumbest question of the year. I'm installing a new driver's seat with the 2 wire pigtail off the driver's seat receptacle, but I can't find the mating wiring harness feed to plug it into. I am helping a friend wrap up a 5-year rebuild project, and today's job was to install 2 virtually new seats into the car. The cockpit was not an area of damage from the donor chassis for this project and didn't require any work at all, none. All damage was front and rear bodywork and parts. The receptacle was already bolted and torqued to the driver's seat on the centerline side--and I am already to install the seat, but could not find the mating wire lead to plug the receptacle into. I took apart a few panels, checked the Ford manual, and looked for 2 hours, and still no clue as to the location of the wiring harness in the tub anywhere in the cockpit on the drivers side. Put it up on the lift - took off the belly panels--and no cut wires or severed harness legs anywhere on the car. So the dumb question is - Where is the wire harness lead that the drivers seat belt receptacle wire lead plugs into - what route to feed into the tub on the drivers side.??
Many thanks,
"To embarrassed to sign" !!!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
It routes down the top passenger side of the center console as part of the subwoofer harness and pops out the back driver's side of the console under the center subwoofer. It has about an 18" pigtail there to give plenty of slack for the fore/aft movement of the seat. White plug and pigtail is fairly "trained" to stay up against the console area. Let me know if you need a couple of pics. We have a car apart right now sitting on a lift so pics are easy if needed.

Reactions: jammer

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The wires go to the seat belt latch on the inside edge of the seat. They just activate the seat belt warning. You can run without them.

Atilla39

Sep 6, 2021
Phila., PA
It routes down the top passenger side of the center console as part of the subwoofer harness and pops out the back driver's side of the console under the center subwoofer. It has about an 18" pigtail there to give plenty of slack for the fore/aft movement of the seat. White plug and pigtail is fairly "trained" to stay up against the console area. Let me know if you need a couple of pics. We have a car apart right now sitting on a lift so pics are easy if needed.
Hi,
Many thanks, yes a few pictures would be great. I removed the seat myself 12 years ago to install Sparco race seats, and I can't imagine I would go to this much trouble to conceal it - a few small tie wraps to bundle it and let it hang harmlessly. I don't have the McIntosh sound package/large woofer at elbows just the cover panel (6 screws) which I have removed, along with both seats, and no loom, or plug to be found.
Thanks again for your help and input -I look forward to the pictures

Atilla39

Sep 6, 2021
Phila., PA
The wires go to the seat belt latch on the inside edge of the seat. They just activate the seat belt warning. You can run without them.
Hi Pete,
Thanks for your input and help. I agree that you can drive without it plugged into the drivers seat -no elect's on the pax seat; but according to the schematics, and a few mechanics, when not plugged in-it disables the drivers airbag. I have had black tape over the dash light for years and the car has driven fine, you are correct about that.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Good point about the airbags.

Atilla39

Sep 6, 2021
Phila., PA

Atilla39

Sep 6, 2021
Phila., PA
Hi Nota4re,
The pics you offered would still be a big help-I removed all the panels and padding around the drivers' side of the cockpit and still nothing, so the pictures would be a big help.
Thanks,
Allen

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Nota4re,
The pics you offered would still be a big help-I removed all the panels and padding around the drivers' side of the cockpit and still nothing, so the pictures would be a big help.
Thanks,
Allen
Hi Allen! I'll get them within the next hour!! Sorry for the delay!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did you take off the subwoofer cover? It could be behind it.

Atilla39

Sep 6, 2021
Phila., PA
Did you take off the subwoofer cover? It could be behind it.
Hi Tony,
many thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have the McIntosh option, so no subwoofer between the seats. I did remove the large "U" trim piece that covers that area across the tunnel-and no lead wires there either.
Thanks again,
Allen

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Allen - here are a couple of pics. This car HAS the subwoofer option but I have to believe the non-Mac cars were wired very similarly.

IMG_0171.jpg

That's the wire with the white connector. You can see it Y's out of the subwoofer harness. The subwoofer harness runs forward on the passenger side of the tunnel.

IMG_0172.jpg

Not the best of pics but you can see the driver's seat wire popping out of the subwoofer harness. The subwoofer harness is snaking over to the passenger side where it turns 90-degrees and then runs forward.

I hope this helps.