2005 Midnight Blue / White Stripe GT for Sale

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
My car partner and I have decided to sell our 2005 GT Blue / White Stripes. It is a 3 option car with no Mac and sub. We bought it in October of 2007 from Lamborghini Houston, and it had 900 miles on her. The list price off the window sticker was $162,195 . It was owned by one of their regular clients, who always has to have the latest greatest next car. We have around 8,900 miles on the car, and it has had all airbag recalls, and just had an oil change a month or so ago. We have won 2 best in class awards at a Lamborghini Dallas Show, as well as a Boardwalk Ferrari show, winning other Exotics in those events. The only, non-stock items on the car are the sticky Bridgestones we put on when the Goodyears had about 4,500 miles on them. Much better tires to get the power down.

When we got the car, we took it to Dallas Mustang for a dyno tune. Just messing with air / fuel mixture, etc, they were able to get 573hp at the motor. It has always run really well. Car is in mint condition, and attended the Ford GT National Rally 11 in Austin Tx.

We are wanting $275k firm for this great car. If you need to get a discount, it is $300k make an offer.
My partner is pushing to leave it on his stacker for future appreciation, but I'm ready for the next fun car.

Email me at digman52@aol.com for more info and phone number.

Attachments

Attachments

• A (4).jpg
    A (4).jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 22
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 27
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 30
  • BlueFordGT011.jpg
    BlueFordGT011.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I have had one tire kicker with interest so far. Will put it on sale sites in March. Hopefully the spring market heats up.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
should be an easy sell. best of luck! Not that you need it!

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I love that $275k firm or $300k make an offer if you need a discount.

Reactions: digman1

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I have had several contacts about the car recently, and yes it is still firm at $275k.

More photos available.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
My Blue / White Stripe GT is still available, and fully COVID19 Free. It's been on a tender, other than an annual inspection, for 3 months during our stay at home time. She's ready for her next phase in life with a new owner.

We are still at $275k Firm, which my car partner and I think is a good value at that number.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
The 2005 GT is still for sale. $275k firm.

Just inspected. recent oil change, and all airbag recalls done.

I have recently gotten 4 requests for additional photos and information, which is encouraging. About to move the Boss 302 as well, so room for more fun rides.

68GT500KR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2007
I live in Dallas and would like to figure a way to come by and take a look.
I used to own a 2005. Sold it and am thinking about getting another one.

Thanks and any additional info you have to share would be great whether pics, records or information on ownership and history of car in addition to what you have already posted.

I'll email you.

Reactions: digman1

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I live in Dallas and would like to figure a way to come by and take a look.
I used to own a 2005. Sold it and am thinking about getting another one.

Thanks and any additional info you have to share would be great whether pics, records or information on ownership and history of car in addition to what you have already posted.

I'll email you.

The GT is on hold right now awaiting a PPI next Thursday the 20th.

If that deal doesn't happen I will get back with the 4 inquiries (including you) that have asked for photos and more information. Drove her yesterday, and what an easy to drive supercar, with real AC for the Texas heat. Would love to keep it local, so stand by please.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
The interested party just bailed out, so I have reached out to several email from this Forum ad. Glad to send out any info needed. Car is getting detailed tomorrow, and needs nothing. $275k still seems like a deal to me after seeing the BAT car bring $332k last week.

Reactions: Cadster

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I'm around town, so come on by and lets take a drive.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Well the saga continues. The buyer came back into the picture, and paid for a PPI and then bailed. The PPI showed a couple of rubber suspension covers needing replacement, and a small power steering hose drip. Some tiny paint spots behind a couple of wheel wells.

The car just had a detail, and looks and drives great.

Last edited:

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
That's a pretty clean PPI in my opinion. Everything listed on your PPI our common service items for our cars. He got cold feet and moved on.

Reactions: digman1 and Cadster

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Put it on BaT. I've seen a few red ones and a heritage go for fair amounts. A blue one will generate a lot of buzz especially one with PPI, detailed, and if well presented. I'd get a professional car photographer. The GT deserves it.
Good Luck.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Put it on BaT. I've seen a few red ones and a heritage go for fair amounts. A blue one will generate a lot of buzz especially one with PPI, detailed, and if well presented. I'd get a professional car photographer. The GT deserves it.
Good Luck.

Thanks for the good advise out there ! I am working on an appointment with a GT mechanic at Ford to do the power steering hose replacement, as well as new rubber boots around the toe links and ball joints. Other than new struts for the frunk, that's it. Ordered new Bridgestones from Tire Rack as the fronts were 2008 and the rears 2013 models. Confirmed the dates on the new ones coming today.

I had a close friend sell a really good '70 Trans Am on BAT, and it eventually brought $65k, the amount he had told me previously he wanted. His comments were to take 100 high quality photos, a walk around and driving videos, and all paperwork documenting the car. He said it takes a while to get the ad up, and to negotiate with BAT the reserve price, which he wanted. He says they will try to beat you down on that. Then, during the auction, you need to respond to the comments and questions on BAT under your auction. Be prepared for bashing, and numbers questioning. The model experts will pick on anything they can find.

All those thoughts have me negotiating with an Exotic dealership here locally that has sold cars for me before. I have a couple of guys interested from my Forum ad, so maybe something will happen before I make that deal.

Thanks for your comments !

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I went ahead and took the GT to Lamborghini Dallas, who have sold cars for me before. I think when you get into this price range, people feel better buying from a dealer.

Here's the link to the ad.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Well she sold yesterday. They got $275k and I got slightly less than that.

I realize now that a major car purchase like this makes people nervous. One serious buyer was concerned about putting the car in escrow while the payment is received. A dealer, with it's financial side, eases those concerns some.

We are going to miss the best driving supercar out there. As we are hitting our late 60's, we seem to be doing more grandkid stuff and less car activities. I'm over sitting at a car show for 3-5 hours waiting on your trophy. Still like the thrill of 0-100 acceleration, just not a high speed guy on city highways. Never got the drag racer out of me. We also were concerned with bad drivers hitting us, and the hassle all that entails.

This Forum has been a huge source of information and enjoyment for me, and attending Rally 11 was beyond all expectations. Meeting Henry III, Edsel, Raj and Camillo was awesome. Big shout out to my friend Tomy Hamon, who I met in the 90's, selling him my cousin's Autokraft Cobra. Kept up after that, and put it into overdrive after getting our GT in 2007. Getting a ride in his new GT was really special, as well as wandering around his Shop looking at photos of famous people in Ford racing history.

I'm not going away, but wanted to thank Dave and all involved in making this the spot for all things Ford GT.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
best of luck mate! We will miss you!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Congratulations on the sale but be sure and go purchase another fun car

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Congratulations on the sale but be sure and go purchase another fun car

We are doing the Museum Delivery for a C8 Vette sometime in mid November. LT2, front lift, no magnetic suspension. Elkhart Lake Blue with Natural interior. Going to stop at a college friend's place in Memphis on the way back, and hit Graceland.

Hopefully there will be some fun machine in my garage until I can't drive anymore.

My 2 best buddies have my funeral instructions. Take my ashes to the nearest drag strip, and do a giant burnout through them in whatever fun car I have.