2005 GT Speedhut Gauge Swap - Leftover parts

devonw85

May 5, 2021
Philadelphia
Completed the swap to Speedhut gauges after my tach died. Overall very happy with the results so far. I now have a near complete cluster (gauges, hardware, and brushed metal bezel) sitting in my garage and figured I would mention it to members before I put them on eBay. If anyone is interested in a single gauge or would like the whole set please send an offer to my email. devonmwood85@gmail.com Thank you

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Keep them! And watch your Speedhut speedometer - in my experience, it's accuracy is unreliable... YMMV...

Reactions: TORQJNKY

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Let me mention one other advantage of the Speedhut gauge panel. Several of you prop your iPhones up against the gauges behind the switches. I do too. As long as you’re not driving aggressively, it stays there pretty well and is easy to see.

in December I got a new iPhone 12 Pro Max. Being larger than the regular size phone, it slips around more easily. So I plan to drill some holes in the metal panel and put some clips or screws in it to keep the phone from sliding or falling backwards. Of course, I wouldn’t do that to the original panel (which is stored away in a sealed plastic bag), but I don’t mind messing with the Speedhut panel to customize it.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Rich
Made the bezels and backing plate look like the stock ones1C637D3C-98F8-4FA5-9FBD-C18428566B93.jpeg

Reactions: HighHP

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
i sent a pm right away this am and an email. check your spam box please..

Thanks
Dan