2005 and 2006 Ford GT PRICES GOING UP!!!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Watch out for 2018. 60th anniversary of the Edsel.

I would assume the will offer an "EP" special edition.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
05 GT for Centennial. New GT for 50th of 1-2-3.

Ford is fond of major anniversaries.

Hmmm. I need to run that through Bletchley Park to find out what you are telling us.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Is there any thought of Ford doing what McLaren has done (12C, 650, P13 and P1) with the GT (GT2.0, GT2.1, GT2.2...) and continue to build the new GT indefinitely with new upgrades as a standard model?

I hope so.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Has that ever been ruled out? If PHX actually has successors, then the older cars will hopefully follow a natural depreciation curve. Obviously good for us poorer folk that can't dish out the $$$$$ for a single run.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Is there any thought of Ford doing what McLaren has done (12C, 650, P13 and P1) with the GT (GT2.0, GT2.1, GT2.2...) and continue to build the new GT indefinitely with new upgrades as a standard model?

I'm not gonna say you won't see model variations within the production run of this car, but McLaren built ~1800 MP4s in one year. PHX production won't even be remotely in the ballpark of that annual volume.

Ford GT is a special occasion nameplate.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
At first meeting in Detroit in 06 we were asked already what we thought about a successor to the GT by ford "higher up" .

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
While that question was asked during our dinner banquet at the CEC, the person asking no longer employed by Ford.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Hmmm. I need to run that through Bletchley Park to find out what you are telling us.

:lol

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Clint, I knew you were a good guy.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ford GT is a special occasion nameplate.

Agreed, but any other, more pedestrian derivatives need not be called GT.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
By the time the new "GT" is hitting dealers the new mid engine Vette should be on the immediate horizion. Plus everyone is now gunning for this car, McLaren, Ferrari, Viper, Lambo.

We have to see how this shakes out. It is way too early to know for sure but with only 1200 produced for worldwide consumption I can't see this car selling for less then $300K before ADMs. Then you have to muscle in on the list after dealer owners, celebs and oil sheiks get theirs.

Jan A. Byrd

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
Percy IL
Good point. I drive my yellow 06 and have 15K miles on it and have enjoyed everyone one of them. I said from the beginning after buying it, (what good to me is owning the car if it's setting in a garage still new when I'm dead). I drive and enjoy although sparingly.

Mike87

Sep 23, 2014
RHE, CA
Enzo pricing v. La Ferrari

Yep! That quote says it all.

Our FGT's and the new GT coming are two different cars. I have no concerns of a declining value on my FGT and I paid at the top of the market.