2005-06 Ford GT chassis group buy

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I'm in, if freight is included by Ford for delivery to Cal. Just need to rent a forklift (with extenders) for the delivery date. Receiving in Orange County, CA.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I'm in, if freight is included by Ford for delivery to Cal. Just need to rent a forklift (with extenders) for the delivery date. Receiving in Orange County, CA.

added.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
In talking with Fred (Spartan) today. If anyone here is looking to build a track purpose GT with one of these chassis. I will supply the following in parts in fiberglass as I have all the molds for this stuff. One piece front clip (fenders, bumper cover, hood) The here are head light pockets for a square head light recessed in the front clip. I will include Lexan head light covers. Doors, rockers and scoops with the dog legs all as one. clamb shell skin. and rear facia. Also a dash.

I will also have Optic Armor lexan kit (Price to be determined) Windshield, door windows, rear window and clamb window. I have the original cement buck for used for windshields in the GT program to make lexan windshield.

AS far as the suspension goes. There are some options out there other than factory stuff. It would take 6 months to a year and at least a few guys to get the ball rolling on that. But it is very doable with out buying factory stuff that is just about non exsistant and it would be geared around a road race car with adjust-ability.

Price will be $15,000 for all the composite panels and the dash.
The window kit i'm taking a stab at but would be around $2300.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Dan, put me down for 2 chassis. I talked a friend into joining my build. Working on a third guy.

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
Dan - I think I can salvage my old damaged clamshell inner - can I purchase a Fiberglass outer? If hood alone is an option - my build could use that.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Dan - I think I can salvage my old damaged clamshell inner - can I purchase a Fiberglass outer? If hood alone is an option - my build could use that.

yes sir. I can help with whatever i can help with!

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
Dan, I am in for one chassis. I think I will be position 7 on your list. Now to find a drop off point for us in Michigan.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
When you say "chassis's" are you referring to just the frame uni body structure? Any pics?

I can see this creating another parts shortage and inflation in components?

Sounds like a great way to create a track beast.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
When you say "chassis's" are you referring to just the frame uni body structure? Any pics?

Ford has a over stock of these and they are no longer selling them cause cars are not being destroyed. So it’s either off load them or crush them due to no sales and yes it’s just the chassis with no body panels

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI

https://bangshift.com/bangshiftapex...ce-chassis-in-a-crate-seriously-this-is-nuts/

I think we are up to 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
how would you get this to Canada or just over the border at Fort Erie or Buffalo?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Dan, I am in for one chassis. I think I will be position 7 on your list. Now to find a drop off point for us in Michigan.

Jim, I have a shop with a forklift that can take your delivery. You can meet the delivery or pick it up after.

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Pm sent

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
its days like this I wish I had a shop.

You could put a piece of glass on it and call it a dining room table. No shop needed.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
how would you get this to Canada or just over the border at Fort Erie or Buffalo?

It would get imported as just car parts. Not a big deal at all. i have some friends in port Huron that would assist and help.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Dan
Nice job pulling this together!
Your a good guy!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Dan
Nice job pulling this together!
Your a good guy!

Thanks Ron! I’d like to see as many of these as possible to forum members and not be scrapped by ford.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Thanks for the offer Dan. It was a joke regarding the free shipping. I‘d love to buy it and wrench it to the top of my living room but it would be living proof for Susanne that I am getting nuts :willy

If I did that it would also be a sign.......a sign that I would soon be living alone!

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I am very worried that Ford will sell all of their parts and have no replacement parts at all for the car! When I purchased mine, thought that it would be like Porsche: virtually any part for any Porsche. I am even afraid now if I need a fender that I would not be able to get it! Makes one afraid to drive the cars with all of the crazies out there

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I am very worried that Ford will sell all of their parts and have no replacement parts at all for the car! When I purchased mine, thought that it would be like Porsche: virtually any part for any Porsche. I am even afraid now if I need a fender that I would not be able to get it! Makes one afraid to drive the cars with all of the crazies out there

at some point ford stops production on all parts for all cars after x amount of years. Then all that is left for parts is what was left from the production period. We’re not far out on these cars for when some parts are no longer available.