1FAFP90S45Y400699

QuickSilverRW

Feb 15, 2018
My 2005 GT has 7400 miles and when not run was on a battery tender. After the tender was unpluged for 4 months I needed to hook up a 60amp starting charge to get it started. I drove about a mile before I saw that my "check engine light" was on. suddenly the car started loosing power and finally stopped. I towed it home and bought a new OEM 12 volt battery. After charging the new battery and installing it the car started right up. After letting it idle for a few minutes Itried driving but when I stepped on the accelerator I had no power. Then the engine sputtered to a stop and was tough to restart. It seems that I have no supercharge boost and it would turn over but not restart. I am worried and open to suggestions. Thanks in advance
QuickSIlverRW

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Be easy on the throttle until the engine adaptive tests have run.

Did you read out the check engine light code?

Both require a. OBDII reader. Bluetooth readers are on Amazon. I use the torque light app.

Reactions: Johntpr

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Get the code from check engine light and go from there. Bad Fuel pump relay is also somewhat common.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
As others have noted, the first step is to see what code the ECU has stored. Let us know what that is. The problem likely has nothing to do with the supercharger. Not sure if you have any rodent issues, but you could try removing the air cleaner assembly (a single 10mm bolt on each side of the box.) Those air cleaner boxes are attractive nesting places!

Reactions: Johntpr

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So he got the check engine and replaced the battery so the first code is probably gone, but chances are with the misbehaving there's another one brewing and probably set as pending...

Good thought on the air box...

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Low bat V caused fuel gauge to fail and now you actually have no fuel?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Does your car have stock supercharger and throttle body?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
We hope you'll come back and tell us the resolution. Remote no-hands-on troubleshooting is so much fun :)

Reactions: 2112