1969 Ford Torino Talladega NASCAR race car Boss 429 Powered

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Hey Guys,

I have no idea if any of you have any interest, or know someone who does, but my NASCAR Talladega LeeRoy Yarbrough tribute race car is going up for auction at the Barrett-Jackson West Palm Beach auction next month. They have told me they intend to make it a prime time car and use it in their advertising. It is a very cool car with many trick parts, including the Homan-Moody style BOSS 429 aluminum head "Hemi" engine. Its a no-reserve auction, so high bid will be the new owner.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Richard Hille
The GT School

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Any more info about its racing history?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Any more info about its racing history?

It's a tribute car. A very cool one at that.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Schweeeeeet!!

Street legal?? :biggrin

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Neat piece.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Interior images pls!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Im guessing no, as no headlights, or tail lights. Maybe reversible, as a tribute, so is likely a car with a VIN?

Street legal??

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
It would require significant work to be street legal again. Mufflers, headlights, wiper system, etc.

The luxurious interior (real leather) is also not what we are currently used to.

Just tried to upload some interior shots, but they all "failed". :confused

I'll try again later. If someone can still upload without any issues, send me a private message with your e-mail and I'll send you three pics if you can post them for me.

Thanks,
Richard Hille
The GT School

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I'm in SoCal and there's a guy driving a Dale Earnhardt #3 Black Chevy with all the correct stickers/decals that looks (tires and all) like it just came off the track.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Can we post a link?

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
The Talladega left yesterday for West Palm Beach. Barrett-Jackson has it going under the hammer on Saturday the 18th between 5:00 - 7:00 pm (2:00 to 4:00 pm California time) during TV coverage. Look for me up near the car. I'll be the 6'6" tall guy hoping for a good price. Wish me luck.

Richard Hille
The GT School

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Good luck Richard with the sale.
I so bad want a Talledega for a street cruiser with NASCAR attitude but timing sucks right now.
I'm certain it will be a big Win for you.

Last edited:

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed. I'll be on a business trip to Sweden before the auction and will be arriving in West Palm on Thursday evening. Anybody in the West Palm area stop by and say hello at the auction.

Richard Hille
The GT School