1964/65 aston martin db5

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Guys.....my neighbor who has owed his db5 silver red interior...for close to 40 years with all the paperwork bills etc......p.s. he has a model a that he will never sell. The aston has 70,000 original miles with a respray around 30 years ago.........
It is such a virgin it starts on an eight of a turn, its patina'd too death......always loved it...
BUT Im not up on pricing .....its a driver not a show car.......
What is it worth? everything is original.........even the jack padding in the trunk...seats......thanks gtjoey
Neilda any real clue, its left hand drive...

H

HHGT

As described $150K IMO

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Leave it with me and I'll find out. I suspect it's worth a good amount....

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
OK, the view here is that it's worth an easy £200k ($321,800), but at auction if listed as your typical 'barn find' on the right day, it could reach £300k ($482,700).

DB5's have absolutely rocketed in value in the UK, but it is a bit of a minefield - so one would need to market it carefully.

These are figures from an expert - not made up numbers. I really don't know what prices are doing in the US, these are up to date UK prices.

Hope it helps.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
OK, the view here is that it's worth an easy £200k ($321,800), but at auction if listed as your typical 'barn find' on the right day, it could reach £300k ($482,700).

DB5's have absolutely rocketed in value in the UK, but it is a bit of a minefield - so one would need to market it carefully.

These are figures from an expert - not made up numbers. I really don't know what prices are doing in the US, these are up to date UK prices.

Hope it helps.
When he told me what he thought it was worth, very close to your numbers....I thought he was out in left field.....
Im going to have him over for a spot of tea and put it up on the lift.....
As most of us I just love the look, but Im tired of the old British.....well lets keep this a family show......
Thats almost 3 GT'S for those prices, and air condition,power everything and stereo to boot......It might be me but im getting tired of fiddling with the old girls......Than God HE MAKES NEW ONES.........we shall see.......thank you my friend...gtjoey1314

H

HHGT

I still think $150K is a great deal.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I probably wouldn't pay more than $1k for the Mona Lisa - what would I want with a painting of that type?

However, the fact that others are prepared to pay more, sets the value. $150k for a DB5 would be easily under half of it's value. If you find one, a real one, buy it immediately. Hell, I'll even lend you the cash! :)

H

HHGT

I probably wouldn't pay more than $1k for the Mona Lisa - what would I want with a painting of that type?

However, the fact that others are prepared to pay more, sets the value. $150k for a DB5 would be easily under half of it's value. If you find one, a real one, buy it immediately. Hell, I'll even lend you the cash! :)
Neil you have exposed my strategy.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Neil, when you get time , can you give me a gingle on the tele........you might be calling me GT007JOEY:biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Will do - will try later today.......

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
SDC11179.jpgSDC11180.jpgSDC11184.jpgSDC11185.jpgSDC11187.jpgHey buddy, couldnt hold it back any longer.......
All I can say is OH MY G............... GTJOEY1314:thumbsup

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Congrats!!!!!!!

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Fantastic... enjoy in good health..

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Congratulations! As you know, I had a Vanquish for a while - what a joyful noise it made too! :)

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Congrats. Drive in good health for years to come.

H

HHGT

Beautiful car. Congrats

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'No more deserving guy on the planet!

Congrats!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I always thought the Vanquish was interesting when you're on a hill or any incline. It doesn't have a torque converter (being a manual box, but operated by paddles with an air shift system), so the car will roll backwards. I learned how to shuffle my left foot over to the brake (when stopped) and use two feet on a hill.....

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Thanks go out to all of you. Like the Gt's its just a priviledge to own it...and appreciate it....Im fortunate to have the oppertunity and God willing it will be for a long time.....Im trying to fill the big book of life with as much pages as possible......Still dreaming of the next adventure and this Aston will be a big part of it.....
Coming soon after around the world in a gt....Maybe "me and my vanqish" will be next:biggrin
A kid born in the Bronx, from Italian Immigrants..........and the world keeps going round and round....Enjoy Gtjoey and thanks again for the well wishes..
Neilda , just a side note, its a great car and yes has a british way or two, but thats what makes it so special, the carbon/aluminium frame just absorbs these U.S . roads....around nov. I will email you the ground work for june......guess what Aston will give us vip at goodwood and lemans........enjoy gtjoey1314:thumbsup

Last edited: