1958 Cadillac for sale: 100% original, perfectly maintained

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
1958 Cadillac for sale: *REDUCED* - 100% original, fully sorted out, AACA winner

Gentleman,
I am selling a truly wonderful, completely 100% original 1958 Cadillac model 62 sedan. Its rarity lies in that it's the original paint, interior, chrome etc... and has never been taken apart. It is 100% rust free and has had its mechanics maintained obsessively and sorted out by some very talented folks. Hundreds of hours and more than $15,000 were spent to make sure everything is correct and functioning properly. There are absolutely no known deferred maintenance issues. The car drives perfectly and I have extensive records over the past many years. It is ready to be driven and enjoyed by its next care taker.

If you are into 1950's cars too, I think you will be hard pressed to find a more honest, original, and sorted car. It's fully documented and I'm only the third owner. I am selling it as I found another 1950's car, and it's time for a change.

I'm asking REDUCED $18,000 or best offer. I am willing to consider offers from fellow forum members. Feel free to call/email/PM me, as I'm happy to discuss it in detail, and send more digital photos. The car is available for the most discerning inspection (located in Jacksonville, Florida)

Below is a list of work done, and the car's history:

I have owned this lovely car for around 4 1/2 years. This car is a 100% original and completely unrestored survivor. It is in perfect running order with everything factory correct and functioning properly. I would not hesitate to drive this car on a long distance trip. It previously has won an AACA trophy in the Eastern Nationals, in addition to trophies in some smaller shows. Last year it completed the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance road tour.

The car has the original rubbed lacquer finish of alpine white over versailles green. The original upholstery is in green venetian and green victoria cloth. The paint and interior are all original. The engine and transmission have never been out of the car. The trunk is original, with the jack and the wooden wedge to go under the tires. The engine bay is very nice and clean. The car spent 46 years of its life in California so there is ZERO rust. There have never been any accidents or body work. The car has been fastidiously maintained by its prior owners and by me. I have most records. Everything on the car works as intended (the clock is finicky) and is correct to the factory standards from when the car was manufactured. There are no leaks, smoking, or stalling.

The car drives wonderfully. It is tight and tracks straight down the road. The odometer is correct and reads approximately 84,x00 original miles. I have driven it on 200+ mile trips without pause. Everything on the car works as intended (clock is finicky but I have a spare included). It has 6 way power seats and a power antennae. It comes with the original owner’s manual and some other literature.

It's history:

In December 2004 we purchased this car in California from its second owner, a fellow Cadillac LaSalle club member, with only 80,000 fully documented miles. He purchased it in 1982 from the first owner, also in California, with only 69,000 miles. The car was originally purchased from the Cadillac dealer in Oakland, California in March of 1958. The selling dealer’s sticker is still in the glove box. The car remains completely original and unrestored. It is a smooth, quiet, and powerful driver.

I have spent a lot of money having it fully sorted and fastidiously maintained by a top restoration shop for American classics and a retired GM engineer in my town (probably $15,000 in service). In the past few months the car underwent a full comprehensive service ($2,000) and is ready to drive anywhere.

I also have some miscellaneous spare parts that I will include, including a clock and a bolt of fabric from SMS, that matches the interior. I also have a spare 1958 Cadillac engine that I will include for free.

Cadillac Trim Plate:
Style 6239
Body FW 9657
Trim 37
Paint 30 12
Top Acc EHV

2004-2007 Work Performed

Replaced headlights with matching correct T3 bulbs
New rear main seal
New fuel pump
Rebuilt vacuum motor for wipers
New windshield washer remote button
New thermostat
New distributor Cap
Contacts
Condensor
New brake rotors
Replaced all shocks
Replaced hoses, belts, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter
Replaced ash tray spring
Turn signal cancelling cam
New ignition switch to match original key
Restore dash pad, replace all dash bulbs
Install matching seat belts x 4
New engine and transmission mounts
New correct washer jar
Repair radiator run off – new correct radiator cap
Replace fuel filler neck breather hose
New gas cap
Remove and rebuild heater core and reinstall
Front end alignment
New correct wire looms under hood
New rubber spacers between front bumper and fender
Rebuild hinge for gas tank door/cover

2008 Work Performed
Replace exhaust manifold gaskets
Replace vacuum lines and route per factory specs
New hose clamps as needed
Clean/lubricate power seat tracks
New transmission gasket
New transmission cooler lines
New correct matching Delco battery and new battery hold down
New heat riser
Cleaned horn contacts
New valve cover gasket seals
Paint valve covers correct Cadillac color
Rebuild dash clock
Remove transmission pan, clean, repaint, new gasket
Service radio antennae
Silicon all weather strips and rubber
Adjust brakes
Repack front wheel bearings
Repair ball joint fittings
Lubricate chassis
Service distributor, reset dwell and timing
New rear pinion seal
New valve seal and oil drain plugs
New shifter o-ring seals
New vacuum pump in oil pan
Change all fluids and filters

2009 Work Performed
Rebuilt starter/solenoid
Rebuilt hinge for tail light/gas door
'Level 4' full detail of car and engine bay

Attachments

• caddy 2.jpg
    caddy 2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 16,606
  • Caddy 01.jpg
    Caddy 01.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 11,300
  • caddy interior.jpg
    caddy interior.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 14,717
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0928.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 11,363
Last edited:

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Mitchell, if you haven't already, you might try listing over here:

http://forums.aaca.org/

They have a huge following of the older cars.

Good luck with the sale.

Jeff

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I like your dogs barking up the (wrong) tree....

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I know most of the guys here like fast cars. She doesn't go too fast, but what a ride...

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
You guys will enjoy this. This is an email I recently received for my Caddy for sale. Should I believe him. Hmmmm.....

Hello mt, we have concluded, making the payment
Thanks for your email and update on the bottom price($21,500),it was accepted by my clientand he has directed us to issue payment to you. I would need your assurance that the property whose payment we would start processing,is in a good condition as the only view our client had of the vehicle was on the internet and this purchase is hinged on his personal judgement of what the property's state and output would be like,in comparison to models of its category. However,he made out a certified cashiers check of($26,500) before he travelled for a conference,for a previous vehicle and its shipment charges etc,but it wasunfortunately sold. The amount on the check he deposited for the vehicle is bigger than
what should be paid to you now, so the check is now meant for the total expenses which includes the purchase of your vehicle ,its pick up from its present location and the shipping charges/other necessary shipping arrangements.However he has instructed us to bikery on with this transaction. So when payment gets to you, you're required to deduct the cost of your vehicle ($21,500) and send the balance of($5,000) to my client shipping agent to enable him offsett shipping charges/arrangements. Once the transaction is concluded, My client shipping agent will be coming for the pick up of the vehicle from its present location, on an access to a prepaid shipper for shipment,and also conclude other necessary shipping
arrangements. So you dont have to bother yourself about the pick up and shipping rrangements, while title papers and other necessary documets will be sent by you via fedex courier . Please Confirm this and provide (1) NAME (2) CONTACT ADDRESS AND CONTACT PHONE NUMBER(s) for check payment to be delivered to you via regular mail immediately , please remove the add of the vehicle from the internet to avoid complications from other buyers

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I think I would open an escrow account such that the title transfer to him and the funds transfer to you would be handled by an independent agent - thus ensuring that the funds are really there (for you), and the title is clear (for him). The escrow fee could be deducted from the remaining funds of the check, and the final remainder returned to the buyer

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks for the note. In a way, I was being a bit sarcastic, as it is the classic internet scam he tried to perpetrate on me. Full of typos. Offering to pay more than the car is for sale, so you can then pay them the difference.

In these tough economic times, I wonder if some less internet savvy folks are taken by these scams.

H

HHGT

I would send him the following:

Stewart (Stu) Pidas
Address: Local Police Station
Telephone: 202-456-1111

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Just reduced the price again, as something is on the way for it's parking spot :)

Asking only $18k, and will consider reasonable offers.

It is completely 100% original and fully sorted out. It should provide years of 1950s cruising without difficulty, as all mechanical systems have been gone through recently.

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Your car is truly in amazing condition. If I were into older cars, I'd buy it!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I think I would open an escrow account such that the title transfer to him and the funds transfer to you would be handled by an independent agent - thus ensuring that the funds are really there (for you), and the title is clear (for him). The escrow fee could be deducted from the remaining funds of the check, and the final remainder returned to the buyer

Hey Ralph, I have some land for sale in Arizona that I would like to sell to you.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Tim,
Thanks for the nice note. It's a great car. I think I have a European buyer - provided it doesn't fall through.

Unfortunately, I would have preferred to see it stay in the States, and he is getting a great price, but I needed the space for some new toys.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Hey Ralph, I have some land for sale in Arizona that I would like to sell to you.

Is it near Chloride?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
DEPOSIT RECEIVED.
She is going to Europe !

H

HHGT

Congrats. I hope the new owner enjoys her.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I hope so too. Initially, I was more inclined to see her stay with someone in the states. After some chats with this fellow, I think he will be quite happy with her.

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Glad it worked out...:thumbsup