100% Cotton Micro Fiber Car Cover?

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Many years ago, we had a Mercedes 380SL, but for reasons unclear, when it was eventually sold, we kept its car cover.

This is a uniquely ugly cover that has the advantage of being 100% cotton with no destructive seams.

We found that it perfectly fit our SRT-10 Viper, and when we sold it, we again kept it (nostalgia?....hmmm, no, likely inefficiency)

I decided to try it on the GT, and, again, likely because it is cotton, it fit perfectly.

However, that said, this is a truly bad looking (as in fugly) cover. The GT comes with a cover (likely best kept in its black bag).

Has anyone found a cost efficient, attractive, and very soft cover for their GT? Input appreciated; thanks.

- doc

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
About the car cover that Dodge left in your bag...be careful with it...this is my story of what happned to my Viper:

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/viper-discussions-srt/44466-dodge-car-cover-stains.html

Last edited:

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
I must have worded that incorrectly.

I never used the cover that came with the Viper. It was never unboxed, and it was sold with the car.

I used this 100% cotton Mercedes cover on the Viper and then on the GT.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
"Fugly"!

Fugly - hmmmm, haven't heard that term in a while.

Reminds me of a girl who latched on to me one night in college, in a bar, when I was eyesight and memory inhibited and ................ :willy

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Car Cover

Doc - I went with the CaliforniaCarCover, Dustop product (order wo Grommets). Flannel liner on inside, soft and fits great!

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Thanks, MAD.

I made note of that and shall check in the morning.

I gather they make on specifically for the GT (yes? no?).

- doc

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Yes, the fit on my California Car Cover is superb.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I just so happened to receive thei latest catologue from California Car Cover Co. Their web site is

http://www.calcarcover.com 800.423.5525

They have made for me two covers, one for a 66 Shelby Mustang, fits perfectly, a 2001 Viper GTS Coupe is a little tight. Both in red cotton, these are a few years old before microfiber, but I am sure they are up to speed.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have a Dust-stop California cover on all of my cars. Very soft and fits well. Just be sure that when you order from them you ask them to leave their logo off of the cover otherwise a California Car Cover advertising logo 2 foot square will be plastered on the hood of your car. ...don't need no stinkin' car cover logos spoiling my car's lines...

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Annoy a liberal- work hard, get rich.

That has got to be the best tagline I have seen in months.