10,000 miles

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
My 05 GT is coming up to 10,000 miles. What a journey, have loved every minute of being behind the wheel, sure made up for the blood sweat and tears while rebuilding her. Only had one close call when taking off from traffic lights, always look before proceeding, sure enough an idiot ran a red light and would have T boned me if I hadn't looked. will post the odometer when she clicks over.

Reactions: Iconic GT

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Really enjoyed watching your build!Glad to hear you are driving it! I'm at 51k!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...always look before proceeding, sure enough an idiot ran a red light and would have T boned me if I hadn't looked.

Sometimes one gets hit regardless.

Wifey did look and got T-boned anyway ('long story). If she hadn't taken the time to 'look' before proceeding, she would have entered the intersection at least one second-or-so sooner and she and my grandson (seated behind her) would both very likely have been killed. The 'offending car' was doing about 40 in a 25...on a downhill grade. (He'd just flown over the crest of a hill.)

Fortunately her car was struck on the left front wheel instead of the passenger compartment area. The impact bent the nose of the car about 35 degrees to the right (buckled the firewall in the process). You can imagine what would have happened had the point of impact been the 'B' pillar.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Nearly at 10,000. Just enjoyable to drive now as it first was. Always puts a smile on my face. After the minor teething problems, has been trouble free motoring and driven with the intention it was made for.

Attachments

• GT odometer.JPG
    GT odometer.JPG
    867.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Ed Sims

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’m at 52k!
It never gets old!