OHHH Shut up Todd!
Hey! Where's my presents?

:lol :lol

Last edited:

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I'm sorry I got so upset a few posts ago and I want to apologize to RIPPER02and DBK, I hope they will accept it. My comment about everybody should install a cage was a not a very well written joke, its an expensive undertaking that certainly has a negative effect on the cars value. Thanks DBK for the info about street safety, I hadn't thought about head banging on cage during an accident with no helmet. It wouldn't have changed my decision, but it certainly is good to know all the angles.

I will be putting ring in swivel door bars , a fire suppression system, the interior trim pieces, and a few other odds and ends. My intention is to run in events like the Silver State, Texas Mile, and Bonneville, and 1/4. The cage seems to be an unavoidable necessity to participate in the sanctioned events at high speed.

I really enjoy this forum, and I am sorry if I offended anyone by my nasty post. A lesson for me in the future is to not drink and post.

MODERATORS NOTE,
OK, PLEASE CLEAN UP YOUR THREADS, THE LANGUAGE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
BONY

Last edited by a moderator:

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
I really enjoy this forum, and I am sorry if I offended anyone by my nasty post. A lesson for me in the future is to not drink and post.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I like to drink and post. It is the only memory I have of the night before.
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

MODERATORS NOTE,
POSTING UNDER THE INFLUENCE. THERE IS ALWAYS THE EDIT BUTTON....

Last edited by a moderator:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Hey, I like to drink and post. It is the only memory I have of the night before.
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Ya - me to Todd....... It's a hell of a lot cheaper than drinking while E-bay'ing. That's how I ended up with the GT!:lol :cheers

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
Ya - me to Todd....... It's a hell of a lot cheaper than drinking while E-bay'ing. That's how I ended up with the GT!:lol :cheers

:lol

No question DBK has summarized the risks of putting a cage in a street car. I think it's necessary information to put out there for those who might not have considered the impact (no pun intended) of putting a cage in a primarily street driven car. I have a mustang that has a full cage, and I pretty much realize I'm on a suicide mission on the few occasions I drive it on the street. That's the fact. Roll bar padding doesn't help too much, especially the non-SFI stuff that you typically see installed. On the track, it's fantastic. To each his own.

What I'd like to see for the FGT is a simple roll bar hoop kit that incorporates the seat belt mounting or other structural points for reinforcement and mounts fully behind the seats and against the bulkhead thereby reinforcing the roof while minimizing the risk of bangin your nugget on it.

bb

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
It looks like good work. And the car looks great. Back to an earlier question about the wheels - are they powder coated? I am considering blacking out my wheels (and some other parts of the car... ), and of course one always hears that powder coating weakens the alloy wheels - which would depend entirely on the bake temperature, and the exact, specific alloy of the wheel in question. Note - I am not saying that powder coating weakens wheels, just that is always what one hears every time someone shows pics of powder coated wheels. So, if you don't mind please tell me how you did your wheels - they look great! Thanks.

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
I'm sorry I got so upset a few posts ago and I want to apologize to RIPPER02and DBK, I hope they will accept it. My comment about everybody should install a cage was a not a very well written joke, its an expensive undertaking that certainly has a negative effect on the cars value. Thanks DBK for the info about street safety, I hadn't thought about head banging on cage during an accident with no helmet. It wouldn't have changed my decision, but it certainly is good to know all the angles.

I will be putting ring in swivel door bars , a fire suppression system, the interior trim pieces, and a few other odds and ends. My intention is to run in events like the Silver State, Texas Mile, and Bonneville, and 1/4. The cage seems to be an unavoidable necessity to participate in the sanctioned events at high speed.

I really enjoy this forum, and I am sorry if I offended anyone by my nasty post. A lesson for me in the future is to not drink and post.

Apology Accepted..... Thank You....

I was'nt trying to discredit the effort and work you are putting into your car.

We obviously are taking different paths with our cars and that's great...

I have respect for that and wish you the best of luck with it !!!! :thumbsup

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Thanks RIPPER 02, best of luck.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Looks Sweet Cuda!!

Have you checked about SCCA road racing with the cage design? If you do ever sell it, the market for a GT with a SCCa cage, that will pass their tech would be important. It cost a ton to strip and install a cage for road racing.

I did the same thing to a brand new cobra mustang and people gave me all kinds of sh*t. I cut the dash the floor the carpet removed comfy seat for a plastic tub. But that was what was required and I wanted a brand new chassis.

And racing that thing was a blast. Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, Pocono MS, and the hometown Summitt Point. People just don't really know the rules and or your personal objectives.

I would keep the options open to road course with it. You won't forget the rush.:thumbsup :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Drink'n and post'n? Is that why everone had their panties all wadded up? Geeeze, now I really feel like a assh-le. I was completely sober.:lol

Seriously though, I love this place as well but like online conversations sometimes wit, humor and good natured sarcasm are taken wrong due to ones inability to veiw the anothers facial expressions. .

So again I ask TODD, Where is the ^%# %^&$ Radio Shack car you promised me?????

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No problem Cuda. Was just trying to inform people that may not know all that. For your purposes, it's great stuff :cheers

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Drink'n and post'n? Is that why everone had their panties all wadded up? Geeeze, now I really feel like a assh-le. I was completely sober.:lol

Seriously though, I love this place as well but like online conversations sometimes wit, humor and good natured sarcasm are taken wrong due to ones inability to veiw the anothers facial expressions. .

So again I ask TODD, Where is the ^%# %^&$ Radio Shack car you promised me?????

Left it in the bar oops:eek

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Thanks DBK

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Cuda

Who is doing the fab on the cage?. Looks like very good work.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Happened to me last night at Mikes Cigars... I think I cornered the market of Chateau Fuentes:banana :eek :banana

css 290

GT Owner
Sep 6, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
And how does the glass reinstallation in the bulkhead get done? Seems like a LOT of noise will be in the cockpit.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Lexan, the bars go through the opening, glass won't work.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
And how does the glass reinstallation in the bulkhead get done? Seems like a LOT of noise will be in the cockpit.

damn nice avatar, is that your garage?:thumbsup :willy :thumbsup