‘06 GTs @ Shady Dana's House of Sleaze (Title Presented by DBK)

Cobraguy

GT Owner
There are two 06 gt wrapper cars being sold at Mecum.....in a group of 11 cars coming down from a large stellar muscle collection in Calgary. Catalogue # S122. Both are one original owner. One red, one black

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Both with 2 miles the red totally without any dealer prep.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Nice !
Thanks for the info, Cobraguy

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
It appears both cars were made for the Canadian market.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So the extra extra extra attractive rear bumpers

It appears both cars were made for the Canadian market.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
what's with the title of this thread? that's a bit much don't ya think?

Cobraguy

GT Owner

Yes it is a bit much. My title as I originally posted was completely nuetral and meant to inform forum friends that these two great cars were available at the auction. It has been edited since by someone other than myself. Anyone who knows me knows that judgement calls are simply not my style....

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Yes it is a bit much. My title as I originally posted was completely nuetral and meant to inform forum friends that these two great cars were available at the auction. It has been edited since by someone other than myself. Anyone who knows me knows that judgement calls are simply not my style....

I appreciate the reply. it didn't sound like past threads you've posted. PS: anyone that might buy one of those Canadian GTs, I will gladly take those hideous rear bumpers off your hands and trade you for a new US version! seriously, I'm not kidding.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Hey Scott......yes those bumpers are hideous. I don’t think that’s even debatable. That’s the primary reason I purchased and imported a US model....and promptly installed the bumper delete package. It’s deffinately a safety issue this way but still way safer than some of the other stuff I drive regularly.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas

Seems entirely appropriate to me.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
The topic strayed a bit, but just for clarification, the Canadian and American cars used the same rear bumpers. The difference was the aluminum "sandwich" which extended the stock bumper back about 3". This was to meet the difference in bumper crash regulations between the two countries at the time of sale in '05 and '06. At that time our DOT would not allow importation of the US cars. (Since changed with the equalization of bumper laws).
Yes, it was ugly, exhaust tips were recessed, not matching the lines of the bumper or the rest of the car. Easily removed, and currently resides on a shelf in my garage. I believe this is true for almost or all of the Canadian owners.

PJA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2011
Scott.....Why would you want the Canadian bumper, or do you just want the extensions?
Just curious.
Pat

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Red one did 396k...did the black one sell yet?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I think the 4 option red was 360k plus fees and the black no stripe 3 option car sold for 340 plus fees.

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
36k for fees...on the sale, and then I guess similar fees on the vendor's side as well...wow...that's a lot of dough to sell a car there.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I was surprised to see the red 4 option go for more than the black no stripe. Looks like people are finally coming to their senses. (LOL:wink)

Cobraguy

GT Owner
These are great numbers......so I guess the myth about Canadian spec cars being worth 10-15 points less than their US counterparts must be just that eh!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, those bids were in Canadian dollars so that's about $100 k American. RED is showing its true color.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ha, those bids were in Canadian dollars so that's about $100 k American. RED is showing its true color.

Really? The auction was in the US and the hammer in us dollars.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Tony......It appears you just got your pickle pulled!