New to me 06 GT owner in MA !

Martin2006GT

GT Owner
Feb 15, 2021
North Reading MA
Hey Guys,

Long time dreamer, finally bought my dream car. 2006 GT. I ended up with a 4000 mile Tungsten car. 3 option no calipers. Bought the car from Chris Desneux over at Desneux motorsports. Had a pretty good experience. He is a very nice guy. We spoke a ton for a a few months, i missed out on a few good deals with him, but i feel he gave me a fair price on this one. My only issue was the car was sold to me as a 4 option car, but i later realized the black calipers weren't an option when i got the window sticker from the ford site. Not the end of the world i don't think? Either way I love the car. I plan on driving it as much as I can. I do think depending how you look at it, some panels just don't seem like they match but then i look at all the panels and I feel the same for all of them . I recently read on here that Tungsten had that issue and a lot of cars went back to be repainted?. I also notice that the paint meter readings are all over the place from 4-10, but that seems pretty normal too with the GT's I guess. Other wise the car is all stock except for an exhaust and I love it. I bought the Ford GT book "complete owners experience" and have been reading it non stop! Love this car! If anyone is from MA/NH and wants to cruise this summer let me know! Looking forward to learning more about this car on here!
Martin -

this is the car ad that i bought

My stable includes
2006 Ford GT
2017 Viper ACR-E
2000 Viper GTS (super charged and built)
2020 C8 HTC
2002 Prowler
2002 H1 Wagon
2001 Miata
2014 CLS 63 AMG

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Congrats
You won’t be disappointed!

Reactions: Martin2006GT

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
You have a fellow MA owner, great guy that drives the crap out of all his cars, including both his GTs, Rocketman aka Ron. I'm sure he'll weigh in on this thread

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Martin,

Congrats on your new GT. I would not worry about the caliper color option. Enjoy every mile!

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Nice Car! Bit surprised that Chris would have sold it as a 4 option if it's not. He obviously knows these cars. I like the black calipers better on Tungsten anyway.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congratulations on your investment in driving pleasure!! Enjoy!!

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Congratulations and welcome! Based on your stable, you are going to have a hard time keeping all those cars exercised - but a good problem to have!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Congrats! 🍻 (y) I think gray painted calipers are the base, and red and black are the options. Maybe somebody painted them black, although over the last 15-20 years I think most people would paint gray calipers red rather than black ... especially since gray and black don't look all that much different anyway. I guess they could've swapped out the original grays calipers for the blacks.

Edit: Oops, black calipers are the base, and red or gray are the options. Here's the paragraph from GTJoey's book:
calipersinfo.jpg

Last edited:

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Congrats! 🍻 (y) I think gray painted calipers are the base, and red and black are the options. Maybe somebody painted them black, although over the last 15-20 years I think most people would paint gray calipers red rather than black ... especially since gray and black don't look all that much different anyway. I guess they could've swapped out the original grays calipers for the blacks.
Black was standard. Red and Gray calipers were the options.

Martin2006GT

GT Owner
Feb 15, 2021
North Reading MA
Thanks for the responses guys. My car is at a place getting "paint corrected/expel/ ceramic coat blah blah blah. My buddy that owns the place says "i have a friend named Ron that obsessed and knows everything about the GT" I was like "ha he seems like a popular guy on the forums as well. Looking forward to meeting you Ron!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
There are a few of us here in MA. Congrats on your car. We got ours back in 2005, would do it all over again in heart beat. Maybe see you around.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Thanks for the responses guys. My car is at a place getting "paint corrected/expel/ ceramic coat blah blah blah. My buddy that owns the place says "i have a friend named Ron that obsessed and knows everything about the GT" I was like "ha he seems like a popular guy on the forums as well. Looking forward to meeting you Ron!
I am assuming brought your car to Ryan?
Andy ( specracer) and I are true diehard GT owners in Ma! I’m in ACTON ma
Feel free to PM me and I give you my cell
Would be glad to get together with another GT guy!
Welcome to the fray! You have now discovered the best forum! Even better is the GT! It never gets old! After 16 years of ownership. I still can’t wait to drive it!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Oh jeez, you're right. Reading is fun-DUH-mental o_O

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Congrats on a beautiful tungsten! Calipers would be a non issue to me, I'd prefer black over red. Enjoy!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Congrats on a beautiful tungsten! Calipers would be a non issue to me, I'd prefer black over red. Enjoy!

I agree with that. I want the stripes, wheels and stereo, but the caliper color doesn't matter to me.

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Black calipers dissipate heat marginally better. Although I’d prefer black oxide or parkerized finish even more for that purpose.

Tomcat

GT Owner
So, is this confirmed?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
So, is this confirmed?

Yes, I re-read GTJoey's book, and what TACHY stated is what the book says: Black calipers were standard, and Red and Gray were the options.

Here's the paragraph from GTJoey's book:
calipersinfo-jpg.62901

Last edited:

Martin2006GT

GT Owner
Feb 15, 2021
North Reading MA
This forum is great reminds me of the viper club forums of the past seems really active. I feel like so many people have gone away from forums and are now on face book pages. Thanks for all the nice comments. would love to meet up with another GT owner this summer.
Martin -

Martin2006GT

GT Owner
Feb 15, 2021
North Reading MA
I am assuming brought your car to Ryan?
Andy ( specracer) and I are true diehard GT owners in Ma! I’m in ACTON ma
Feel free to PM me and I give you my cell
Would be glad to get together with another GT guy!
Welcome to the fray! You have now discovered the best forum! Even better is the GT! It never gets old! After 16 years of ownership. I still can’t wait to drive it!

Hey Ron,

I brought my car to Rick over at Unique Car Care. He was in Andover but recently moved his business to Middleton. Says you are the GT know it all, and to pick your brain with questions if I meet you. haha . Ill send you a PM!
Martin -

Reactions: roketman