My Move-A-Mac Project.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I was pretty disappointed with the Mac system until I finished the subwoofer relocation project. I have now flipped 180 degrees and really like it. Thanks to all for the idea. I posted pictures in the photo album to show how I did it. I used the inside dimensions of the wood box but substituted one quarter inch aluminum diamond plate. My speaker mounts with spacers and the child restraint bolt holes so the pockets are un-touched and useable. My AMP bracket mounts with the holes that had the pocket posts behind the driver’s seat and I made spacers to hold the pocket straps. The Amp tabs did not get bent out and the pockets still functions as stock. The sound is terrific. The bass is now much stronger and is not blasting in my ear. This is a great fix for the MAC. If you have a Mac, you should definitely move the subwoofer.:biggrin

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Another Convert!

Congrats Beach - you have joined a growing number of Macless GT's:biggrin

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I will be doing the same when my carbon cover get here!:banana

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I was pretty disappointed with the Mac system until I finished the subwoofer relocation project. I have now flipped 180 degrees and really like it. Thanks to all for the idea. I posted pictures in the photo album to show how I did it. I used the inside dimensions of the wood box but substituted one quarter inch aluminum diamond plate. My speaker mounts with spacers and the child restraint bolt holes so the pockets are un-touched and useable. My AMP bracket mounts with the holes that had the pocket posts behind the driver’s seat and I made spacers to hold the pocket straps. The Amp tabs did not get bent out and the pockets still functions as stock. The sound is terrific. The bass is now much stronger and is not blasting in my ear. This is a great fix for the MAC. If you have a Mac, you should definitely move the subwoofer.:biggrin

Looks good Beachie !! You should come down next Friday to show us this and your pipes !!!

Aug 25, 2006
You did a great job; as stated before I enjoy seeing what folks do when it comes to wonderful well thought out tweaks with their gals.

As you shared and I agree; once the subwoofer is relocated the overall sound quality of the system is enhanced and the looks of the interior become very pleasing.

All the best

Shadowman

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Nice work Don. What are you going to do for the center console? Perhaps some carbon fiber???

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
This is how I finnished mine. The bags get picked up tonight (resized) and attach to the original posts on the driver side and to the speaker box itself on the passenger side. I love the speaker box and the way the Mac/sub sounds.
Thanks again to ALL who helped with this Mod!

Note: No GT parts were hurt, killed or permanetly scarred in the modifing of this car.

Attachments

• FoamPart_2.jpg
    FoamPart_2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 195
  • FoamPart.jpg
    FoamPart.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
M

Mark O

I took the cheap way out by simply folding my bags in half. All 4 loops are on the upper knobs. :biggrin

Aug 25, 2006
I took the cheap way out by simply folding my bags in half. All 4 loops are on the upper knobs. :biggrin

There was no cheap way out; only the way out...LOL

Initially I pondered doing the same thing however after reflecting back on those darn bungee style net arrangements that I have received in other gals I knew that I would never use it and furthermore even with the lack of use they dry out and become a saggy rope bag over time.

Regardless; I am happy that your conversion is being enjoyed

All the best

Shadowman

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Nice work Don. What are you going to do for the center console? Perhaps some carbon fiber???

I just used the stock Ford engine cover. Both the amp and speaker are spaced out over the net compartments so they were not modified and can be used to store thin things.....like the emergency number when the half shafts fall out.:lol

The Mac sounds so good I went out to the garage and just played the radio for about a half hour. Great entertainment at midnight when I get all my work done.:biggrin

Aug 25, 2006
I just used the stock Ford engine cover. Both the amp and speaker are spaced out over the net compartments so they were not modified and can be used to store thin things.....like the emergency number when the half shafts fall out.:lol

The Mac sounds so good I went out to the garage and just played the radio for about a half hour. Great entertainment at midnight when I get all my work done.:biggrin

10-4...... keep the number close by

All the best

Shadowman