Finally, my GTX1 is heading home

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
The silver grommets you see in KJSlider's car are part of an upgrade that also includes having the Sparco name embroidered on the seat.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip had it at the Pavillions on Saturday night, but I wouldn't kiss and tell if it was me, now would I?? Chip, when is that truck due in Fresno?:cheers :willy :cheers

Weather is getting WORSE!!! This could take a couple more days!!!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
The silver grommets you see in Kent's car are part of an upgrade that also includes having the Sparco name embroidered on the seat.

So can I just buy a set of the grommets, or can't ? Quanto costa..!??

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
^You guys crack me up:lol

My GTX arrived safely late last night and was unloaded straight into my friends(the driver in this case) garage. It was late and I didn't get to see it.

It has been raining cats and dogs the whole day. My car sits locked in somebody elses garage and I get to wait till he returns home to unlock it. My car is less than 15 miles away from my house and he's concerned that if I get there and there's even a slight break in the weather I would probably attempt a mad dash home.:frown He's probably right. I got off the phone earlier with Malibu who's telling me he peeks at his GTX sitting in his garage about every 15 minutes:thumbsup I'm jealous.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Congradulations!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
how much are the grommets.. Anybody smart about this here, Yogi ?:confused

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
I've been driving my brand spanking new Tungsten GTX1 since Saturday morning and I've NEVER EVER seen a car turn heads or stop traffic like this car.

This car is so visually stunning.

Now, with out the roof overhead gone and, additionally, the seat lowering "kit" offered by Genaddi this car is simply beyond amazing.

I will provide a more in depth review after a few more miles but for now wanted to tell you all how great the driving experience is in this phenominal roadster.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations! When you get a chance please post some photos. In particular I'd love to see a shot with the roof on the car. I've still never seen what the car looks like that way. :cheers

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I've been driving my brand spanking new Tungsten GTX1 since Saturday morning and I've NEVER EVER seen a car turn heads or stop traffic like this car.

This car is so visually stunning.

Now, with out the roof overhead gone and, additionally, the seat lowering "kit" offered by Genaddi this car is simply beyond amazing.

I will provide a more in depth review after a few more miles but for now wanted to tell you all how great the driving experience is in this phenominal roadster.

kjslider,

Very glad to hear that you are pleased with the results.

Seems to have been worth the wait.

I too would very much like to see some pics of the machine with the roof on it.

Enjoy The Ride.

Fred

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
how much are the grommets.. Anybody smart about this here, Yogi ?:confused

Yogi,

you there ?:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
We don't have the gromets available on their own. They are part of an upgrade that we offer.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
We don't have the gromets available on their own. They are part of an upgrade that we offer.

what material are they made of ? Just in case someone does not want the whole seat upgrade. What exactly is included there ?

thanks

stefan

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations! When you get a chance please post some photos. In particular I'd love to see a shot with the roof on the car. I've still never seen what the car looks like that way. :cheers

OK...My curiosity is KILLING me. :frown I'm offering $100 to the first person that posts a photo of the damn top for a GTX1 car. I want to see what it looks like on the car and what it looks like folded and stored in the car. Please include the rear window details also. Any takers??!!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
OK...My curiosity is KILLING me. :frown I'm offering $100 to the first person that posts a photo of the damn top for a GTX1 car. I want to see what it looks like on the car and what it looks like folded and stored in the car. Please include the rear window details also. Any takers??!!

Chris,

You're My Hero :bow [Hero's Know How To Get Things Done]. :smash

The trouble with super heroes is what to do between phone booths.
- Ken Kesey

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal

:lol That's classic. Hey, a couple of things...first, they(Genaddi) are still finalizing the design and have yet to ship a roof system. Those of us who have taken delivery have done so without the tops. If I send you Pics of me "topless" can I get part of that $100?

Apparently there were some noise issues with the existing design that they are trying to remedy. There was also a problem with the "sealing" that they discovered can be fixed if they install a "module" to crack open the window before opening/closing the doors. I take it as being something similar to what is on my SL55.

Finally, I can't find my digital camera to take picture to post. My GT roadster is the shizzle:biggrin and I want to show it off to you boys. Things dirty as well. I've been driving the ba-jesus out of it the last few days.

I also suggest you pester the heck out of Genaddi to get them to sell the seat grommets as a kit. They really make the interior BLING.

-Kent

Last edited:

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
BTW, I live in the Newport Coast area and if anyone wants to see my car I will accomdate.

Also, malibu and I are going to be making SoCal automotive history the weekend of Feb 24/25 in Palm Springs. We'll have 2 GTX's together:cheers . If you're in the neighborhood maybe you want to come by and check 'em out that could be arranged. Of course you'll have to buy the beers...

Last edited:

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO

These are some pix from the internet on it...
full_top2.jpg

t_top2.jpg

wallart.jpg

2006-Ford-GTX1-Roadster-RA-Top-Up-1280x960.jpg

0603_03z+2006_ford_gtx1+high_rear_left_view.jpg

0603_04z+2006_ford_gtx1+amplifier_view.jpg

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Smooth move girlie! Looks like someone owes you cash.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
OK MJ, not exactly what i had in mind, but I guess that counts. You earned the $100.

Thanks for the posting. Pay you Friday at the Tower Shoppes. :cheers

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
OK MJ, not exactly what i had in mind, but I guess that counts. You earned the $100.

Thanks for the posting. Pay you Friday at the Tower Shoppes. :cheers

I'm not taking your money silly. Just thought you wanted to see what it looked like on. I REALLY hope that gorgeous Candy Chrome GTX1 gets some pix posted of it "fully dressed".:biggrin