The Price of XPEL

Unexpected61

Aug 26, 2021
Marco Island FL.
My 06 will be delivered next week. The paint is perfect, and I know I should wrap it, I drive them. Just got an estimate of $15,000. Is that in the ballpark? I am in South FL.
Thank you for your help.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Seems really high to me. I would have guessed $6-8k but havent done it in a while

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
My 06 will be delivered next week. The paint is perfect, and I know I should wrap it, I drive them. Just got an estimate of $15,000. Is that in the ballpark? I am in South FL.
Thank you for your help.

Seems awfully high to me. Even if done PERFECTLY, over every square inch, it shouldn't be more than $8-10k. And that would be a very high-end shop. Then again, maybe that's the going rate for South Florida... but I'd sure get some more quotes. Hopefully you have some other qualified PPF installers in your area to select from.

edit: looks like Jax and I were typing at the same time!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You could probably ship the car to Rich and have him do/contract it for less.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
8k seems to be the average.

Rich's guy quoted me 10k.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
FWIW…..I priced it recently at the Scottsdale XPEL shop. $8k. I think $15k is way out of line..

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sounds very high. How many has he done? There is another thread here about getting some new GTs done. Look for it and see who is recommended there.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Did it a few years ago, $8k, in the Boston area (mentioned as geography tends to be an influence on price, expensive up here)

Unexpected61

Aug 26, 2021
Marco Island FL.
Thank you, everyone, that is exactly what I thought. I did get the contact from here. In Miami. Now that I know I'll try negotiating first before looking around

Thank You. What a great place for help!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Thank you, everyone, that is exactly what I thought. I did get the contact from here. In Miami. Now that I know I'll try negotiating first before looking around

There are also several shops (about one hr away from Marco) in Boca Raton.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Personally, I'd switch shops. That price is so high that even if they come down to say $10k they may be annoyed at having had to reduce their price so much. And I wouldn't want annoyed people working on my car! :)

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Go onto the Xpel website and you can see all the kits available. If you select every kit it only comes up to $4,000 plus $250 for supplies and double that for labor you are around $8,000. If they hand cut the film (I would never let anyone hand cut on my car) that cuts the film cost down 50-70%. They are making a lot of money at $15,000.1683295460743.png1683295496724.png1683295552574.png

Reactions: Nafod and 2112

Unexpected61

Aug 26, 2021
Marco Island FL.
Agree I will look around. If they are not happy I will not be happy with the work for sure. GT Venum that is very interesting I will think about that.

Thank you

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Go onto the Xpel website and you can see all the kits available. If you select every kit it only comes up to $4,000 plus $250 for supplies and double that for labor you are around $8,000. If they hand cut the film (I would never let anyone hand cut on my car) that cuts the film cost down 50-70%. They are making a lot of money at $15,000.View attachment 67953View attachment 67954View attachment 67955

Thank you for this.

FWIW, I didn’t do the rear bumper. Saved some cost, but I didn’t think it was necessary.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
It takes how long to apply the film? A day? Figure out the hourly rate for two guys. At $15K, you're approaching repaint price.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
PM me if needed. I have had several cars done in the Fort Myers area by a shop that has a Naples location as well. Very reliable, excellent work, much more economical than you have been quoted.

Reactions: roketman

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Thank you for this.

FWIW, I didn’t do the rear bumper. Saved some cost, but I didn’t think it was necessary.
Yea, it should be safe.....in your garage!

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
I paid my detail guy to wash and buff the car before the XPEL and then he ceramic coated it after the XPEL was installed. Paid him $1,000

Paid the local XPEL dealer and installer $6,000 for the install. So all in I was at $7,000.

And I’m in Mississippi just FYI.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Thank you for your help.
I had mine done 2 years ago and that was 10k with ceramic in Huntington NY. They guy was such a perfectionist he didn’t like the downloaded templates and did it the old fashioned way. Incredible job and worth it imo!!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
$15K seems higher than expectations. I'd guess around $10K here in So Cal.

Reactions: analogdesigner