Center console

omgjon

Apr 16, 2021
I just had my 2006 Tungsten with stripe on BAT, it has 1400 miles and was bid to a little over $400,000. So the winner came to the car after he won and found a 1.5mm nick and a few bubbles on the console so he backed out even though he said he didn't want a museum piece he wanted to drive it. So I read up on the forum about the center console problem so I'm going to remove mine and re do it. I restore Ferrari Dinos dinorestoration.com and the wheels are magnesium like the center console. I have to bake the wheels before painting and I've never had a problem with bubbling. I was thinking while I have it off to maybe make a mold and make them out of carbon fiber. I don't know if there are enough who would interested to make it cost effective. Otherwise I'll just paint mine correctly and I don't believe I will have any problems. Does anyone know the paint code for the console. I'm actually glad the guy backed out as I would rather keep it!!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
LOL, I was going to ask if you were the Dino guy. What actions was BAT willing to take against a flimsy excuse?

There was a previous run of CF consoles by Kip Ewing (I have one sitting in a box doing nothing…..so typical of me).

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
pathetic excuse, I am very sorry that this happened to you.

Reactions: 2112 and Chris A.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I'd ask BaT to re-run it, and include a pic of the reason the previous high bidder backed out. Unless you just really wanna get into removing and repairing the console cover.

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
the reason he backed out was because he got cold feet and could not afford it, a true WD

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I just had my 2006 Tungsten with stripe on BAT, it has 1400 miles and was bid to a little over $400,000. So the winner came to the car after he won and found a 1.5mm nick and a few bubbles on the console so he backed out even though he said he didn't want a museum piece he wanted to drive it. So I read up on the forum about the center console problem so I'm going to remove mine and re do it. I restore Ferrari Dinos dinorestoration.com and the wheels are magnesium like the center console. I have to bake the wheels before painting and I've never had a problem with bubbling. I was thinking while I have it off to maybe make a mold and make them out of carbon fiber. I don't know if there are enough who would interested to make it cost effective. Otherwise I'll just paint mine correctly and I don't believe I will have any problems. Does anyone know the paint code for the console. I'm actually glad the guy backed out as I would rather keep it!!
Jon, you can probably DM RIch Brooks for that paint code.

Separately, hope life is good down in Texas (though the weather in SD has got to be better!).

Kenneth

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That was a LAME cop out. I would never waste someones time like that.

Maybe its Karma telling you to keep the car.....

omgjon

Apr 16, 2021
It was a blessing in disguise, I'm keeping the car. They are so beautiful. He was banned from BAT and had to pay the $5000 commission.

omgjon

Apr 16, 2021
Jon, you can probably DM RIch Brooks for that paint code.

Separately, hope life is good down in Texas (though the weather in SD has got to be better!).

Kenneth
Where do I find Rich Brooks?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Where do I find Rich Brooks?
(734) 658-9498

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The GTGuy. He is a sponsor on this site.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Rich Brooks = The GT Guy. Look up his website. I got a small can of touchup paint from him for my console about 5 years ago.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It was a blessing in disguise, I'm keeping the car. They are so beautiful. He was banned from BAT and had to pay the $5000 commission.

I think BaT should, at the least, split that with you.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Good call, soooo many have sold, regret it, and rebought (for obviously more $). FEW cars are as special as an 05-06 GT. As I have said here before, Id sell the 18 before the 05, even though the 18 is "faster" by every metric.

Glad BaT took action, as that really was a terrible waste of time.

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
I read somewhere on this forum that M7049A/TL Satin Silver Metallic Is the paint code for the console. I have used this paint code to touch up some small chips in my console with a good results.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
At some point, I would like to see you compare and contrast the FGT and a Dino.

Reactions: steved57

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
If you do decide to sell in the future try to get the Monroney window sticker. Just part of the historical evolution for these cars.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
If you do decide to sell in the future try to get the Monroney window sticker. Just part of the historical evolution for these cars.

Plus, next time someone might try to bail over a piece of paper. Sad that a few irresponsible people can't keep their word.

But yeah, definitely a win here, as you still have a legendary supercar!

I imagine that a 1,400 mile 2005/06 must be considered extremely low mileage for a 17 year old car!

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Kip Ewing made an absolutely gorgeous center console out of Carbon FIber that he donated to the forum as an amazing prize. After my wife's hand in marriage, it's the best thing I have ever won in my life!

Not the best photo, as I was doing some work on my short shift kit, you should get in touch with him.

IMG_1400.jpg

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Kip Ewing made an absolutely gorgeous center console out of Carbon FIber that he donated to the forum as an amazing prize. After my wife's hand in marriage, it's the best thing I have ever won in my life!

Not the best photo, as I was doing some work on my short shift kit, you should get in touch with him.

View attachment 67930
Well hell, if this is equivalent to a wife upgrade maybe I should just get all the CF stuff installed.