Lens Cover For Front Headlights

EYERSH

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2022
Windermere FL
First, this is my first ever post so please bare with me if I havent done it correctly. I have a scratch on the drivers side headlight lens. Can anyone recommend the best place to go to find a replacement? Also can I replace the lens or do I have to replace the whole headlight assembly? Thanks

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's the complete assembly. Good luck finding one. There are people that would give their right arm for a scratched one!

EYERSH

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2022
Windermere FL
It's the complete assembly. Good luck finding one. There are people that would give their right arm for a scratched one!
My apologies for asking. Like I said, I am a new owner that will learn over time!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
No need to apologize. Check with your Ford dealer or online places like Tasca Ford. Get in line.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Welcome aboard...GREAT car BUT headlight replacements have been an issue. New production headlights came and went a few years ago. I have heard (but have no first hand knowledge) that SW Lights, Agoura Hills, California MIGHT be a source for repair.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
First, this is my first ever post so please bare with me if I havent done it correctly. I have a scratch on the drivers side headlight lens. Can anyone recommend the best place to go to find a replacement? Also can I replace the lens or do I have to replace the whole headlight assembly? Thanks
Can you post a pic of the len scratch?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Agree, would like to see the scratch.

Depending on how deep the scratch is, it may be able to be polished out, or at least to a point where it is acceptable to you. If you aren't well-versed in the process, would be best to outsource the job, but I've been able to salvage many things that others would have just replaced. The decision to attempt is much easier if the parts are unobtainable or ridiculously expensive.

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
If the scratch is not very deep you can put clear bra over it and the clear bra will hide it.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I could possible refinish the face. I’ve done them before .

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Yes, post a picture of the scratch. Chances are good that polishing it out a little and then installing clear film will almost completely hide it.

If the car is a “driver” you want to put clear protective film on the front half of the car, the roof, the headlights, and the windshield. This will cost a couple thousand dollars, but well worth it.

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Talk to Shawn at SW Lights. Tell him Rick sent you.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Talk to Shawn at SW Lights. Tell him Rick sent you.
I am not the OP but I talked to Shawn (SW lights) about a year ago. Sounds like you were satisfied with his work. Can you show some before/after pictures of SW's capabilities?

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Yes, post a picture of the scratch. Chances are good that polishing it out a little and then installing clear film will almost completely hide it.

If the car is a “driver” you want to put clear protective film on the front half of the car, the roof, the headlights, and the windshield. This will cost a couple thousand dollars, but well worth it.
I actually did full XPel on the entire car. You wince a little bit when you write that check, but afterwards you worry a lot less about gravel, rocks, etc.

Reactions: RPM217 and HNS

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
I actually did full XPel on the entire car. You wince a little bit when you write that check, but afterwards you worry a lot less about gravel, rocks, etc.
As did I. Pricey but so worth it me thinks.

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Wow, nice ... and an even more direct link for the GT: https://www.sw-lights.com/product-page/ford-gt-restoration-service

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
As did I, but Ken already knew that!!! ;-)

Reactions: KennethClay

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So SW lights has a method of separating the pieces? It had been stated that these couldn't be repaired because there was no way to take them apart without damage.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Lots of youtube videos of sealed headlights being opened by baking them in an oven. The hard part is, of course, the experience of temperature and other tricks to split the pieces.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
So do they repair or just cosmetic?