Carbon fiber 05-06 Ford GT belly pans

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
No, the 05-06 cars. Edsel originally told us we had 15 years of support (not the usual 10) and that has been extended forever.

What does it mean? I understood that Ford will continue to make replacement parts forever. Now the time frame to produce is under question.

🤞🤞

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I would have serious interest in Carbon Fiber:

Rear diffuser
Side splitters
Side scoops
Clamshell vents
Wheels
Wife

Reactions: canibl and GTMD

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal

Lol. Would probably be cheaper than those that many of us have.

Reactions: Shark01

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Dan
I’m in for rear diffuser
Front spoiler
Center console

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Dont say that BMF.....great...I only know what a 4 looks like.
Why do I like things that I cant have?

Here's a 7:
BlueGT3.png

Or if you need a Camilo-esque 3:

numb3.png

Reactions: canibl

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
I was literally talking to my carbon fabricator here in CO about this on Tuesday…

When do we expect samples/pricing/availability to be released?

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Thanks BMF Santa

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Extrap.. Like that 7/3 font as well...and the colour of that GT is classic

carbon part production quality is getting good nowadays

Reactions: canibl

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I was literally talking to my carbon fabricator here in CO about this on Tuesday…

When do we expect samples/pricing/availability to be released?

We’re just starting on the other belly pans now. I would suspect it will be febaury before the others are done and I have pics of products.. Our lead times are about 4-6 months right now due to everyone hating money lol We’re running some parts out of molds now on first two items so I have a couple in stock. Probably have other molds done in January. I will revert back to this thread as it progresses but we’re on this stuff till it’s done .

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
As these cars get older, some and most likely all of the oem stuff is gonna disappear.. unless someone else has it reproduced in oem materials..

So I’m on a mission to build tooling for any and all parts that can be made from carbon fiber (being that’s my daily grind)
and can act as wear and replacement items so that you can save the oem stuff.

First item done is the under battery belly pan that goes underneath splitter too.

Carbon rocker side spats are done also. The ones that go on the bottom of the painted rockers. I’ll add pics of them after they are trimmed but first two sets are done.

Next is pan under gas tank and then pan under oil pan, rear diffuser and then front splitter.
Also working on injection molded diffuser pieces for replacements if your diffuser belly pan is still good.

I already make the front hood and rear clamshell for those who’ve seen Todd’s heritage at the rally.

Amazing work!

I’d be interested in several of those items

Last edited:

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I'm in for all the under car stuff.
Takes it to the next level.
Thank You,
Mark

Reactions: B.M.F. and RPM217

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
BMF....."I can get you company that made it for Todd the owner"

Yes if you could that would be great.
Thanks. Stuart

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Any consideration for fabricating the rear window frame pieces in CF? (R/L/top).

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Here's a 7:
View attachment 65169

Or if you need a Camillo-esque 3:

View attachment 65168
I love the mega sized roundel on the door

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
So cool!

Ed

Reactions: B.M.F.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Any consideration for fabricating the rear window frame pieces in CF? (R/L/top).
We are doing those too.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Any chance we can get a front splitter in the style of the Shelby GT500 SuperSnake? Way more horizontal surface area for down force but it has nearly 2 extra inches of ground clearance.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Any chance we can get a front splitter in the style of the Shelby GT500 SuperSnake? Way more horizontal surface area for down force but it has nearly 2 extra inches of ground clearance.

Problem with the GT is they already scrape the ground stock. Making it lower would turn that piece into a more frequent replacement part than it already is

Reactions: Art138

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The Shelby SuperSnake Splitter has 2" more ground clearance than stock but you wouldn't know it looking at it.

Move it Up, not down.

Increase the surface area for downforce but have it snug to the bodywork instead of nearly 2 inches below it.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Downforce at the front needs to be balanced with downforce at the back. Ford GT program engineers carefully designed and tested the front splitter, rear diffuser, and side skirts in wind tunnels to optimize the downforce and drag. Refer to the SAE papers that they wrote about their efforts and results, while maintaining the styling of the top of the car.

Anything you do will change that balance. More downforce will increase induced drag and reduce top speed. But hey, it’s your car, so if you really like the look of a larger splitter, go for it. Just realize that you’ll be making trade offs.