Reactions: extrap

mikeh2

May 2, 2020
Finishing up the third phase of four. It won't be long now
Excellent!!!

Brian GTS

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2020
Getting any closer? Stocking stuffer perhaps? :)

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Getting any closer? Stocking stuffer perhaps? :)
Probably not going to be stocking stuffers but a new years gift to yourselves. I will be shipping them as the forth opp completes each lower and final brace. I will be shipping starting from the top of our list and going down the line as each lower and final brace is complete. Thanks for everyone's patients

mikeh2

May 2, 2020
Any updates on the timeline of when the braces will be produced?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
When it comes time to install these, is frame support needed? ie should the jack point below the fire wall be used to provide some lift to the middle of the car? And / or should ya just do 1 brace at a time? Or is none of that needed, just un-bolt all 4 and pop the new ones in?

Oh ... or are instructions included?

I'm just picturing removing 1 and the center of the car sags! :eek:

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
It won’t sag. The rest of the structure is pretty stout. Think about the X1’s.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
It won’t sag. The rest of the structure is pretty stout. Think about the X1’s.

OK Pete. I know you know better than that. You know it will sag.....some. The question is how much. :)

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
A few thou? Only one way to find out!

Reactions: HighHP

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
So for anyone who has installed these, what is the procedure? I'm getting a little concerned...

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
So for anyone who has installed these, what is the procedure? I'm getting a little concerned...
unbolt the OEM and bolt the new braces on. I suggest having a blanket under your work area just in case you drop something and be careful of the rear glass during the install.

Reactions: Nafod

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The day has finally come for the first seven on the list (Thank you for your patience). I will start the shipping process this week after payments are made and PM's will go out. All other orders will follow as soon as they are complete. Unfortunately we need to add $140 to each order as the material, labor and hardware has gone up. If you have changed your mind please let me know so I can move down the list. Thanks again!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Unable to reach Ravage via PM. Please reach out to me soon or I will go down the list to the next person.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
unbolt the OEM and bolt the new braces on. I suggest having a blanket under your work area just in case you drop something and be careful of the rear glass during the install.

Do you install them one at a time as people above are suggesting so there is no sagging occurring? If so, what is the best order to do it? Do you recommend something like lower driver side, upper passenger side, etc?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Do you install them one at a time as people above are suggesting so there is no sagging occurring? If so, what is the best order to do it? Do you recommend something like lower driver side, upper passenger side, etc?
Install them one side at a time installing the bottom first and the top last. No sagging will occur.

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
Unable to reach Ravage via PM. Please reach out to me soon or I will go down the list to the next person.
No PM came through! I'm ready if I haven't been skipped yet.

Reactions: pe2unia

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Arrived! Great packing! Beautiful braces! Thanks John! (@pe2unia) 🍻 Can't wait to install 'em! I'm gonna be Captain Safety and put some light jack pressure under the firewall ... hey, that's just me 🤷‍♂️ 😁
1a.jpg 2a.jpg

3a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dreimer and 2112

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Have you ever seen a FGT frame? When they were doing some destructive testing (I think it was twist), the frame was so strong, it broke the testing machine.

I'm gonna be Captain Safety and put some light jack pressure under the firewall ... hey, that's just me 🤷‍♂️ 😁

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Have you ever seen a FGT frame? When they were doing some destructive testing (I think it was twist), the frame was so strong, it broke the testing machine.

Good! Wait ... what are these braces for? And there's not just 2 but 4 of 'em 🤷‍♂️

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Arrived! Great packing! Beautiful braces! Thanks John! (@pe2unia) 🍻 Can't wait to install 'em! I'm gonna be Captain Safety and put some light jack pressure under the firewall ... hey, that's just me 🤷‍♂️ 😁
You may end up putting the braces under tension by putting a jack under the firewall frame. 😉 Just replace them one at a time. When you remove the first bolt, you’ll see whether there are any forces on the brace. If there are, then jack accordingly. But given the rigidity of the structure (discussed above), I doubt that jacking will make a noticeable difference.