tach inoperative after the battery went flat

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
One thing I like about the Speedhut tach is the adjustable shift lights.

Yep, alot of fun to play with (this was a first time I had them).

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I’ve had the Speedhut a for 3 years. Another thing I really like is that most of the gauges have warning lights

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I’ve had the Speedhut a for 3 years. Another thing I really like is that most of the gauges have warning lights

True, at one point I had battery drain issues and it was nice to get a warning when voltage dips were occurring.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
No. We offered this for awhile but we had what I would call quality control and lack of interest from the supplier of the innards. Namely, several of the tach/speedo we had fixed were insufferably slow in responsiveness. We stopped the service.

I'm curious. Since the SpeedHut Speedometer is "plug-n-play" (according to their website), is it possible to transfer the "innards" of a Speedhut gauge to the shell of an OEM gauge?

I know I'm in the minority, but I like the Speedhut gauges. The white face (you can get black if you want) helps the contrast with the mostly black interior and like having shiftlights.
View attachment 63101
One BIG plus to the Speedhuts is that they will let you design your gauge faces as long as your choices are within their capability to produce, and they have a pretty large variety of options from very close to stock to really different. You want to call Speedhut and ask to talk with their designer.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
One BIG plus to the Speedhuts is that they will let you design your gauge faces as long as your choices are within their capability to produce, and they have a pretty large variety of options from very close to stock to really different. You want to call Speedhut and ask to talk with their designer.

Thanks Vincent. I did not know they could do that.

I'd like a speedo as close to OEM look as possible. The main questions are, can they match the finish of the OEM bezel? do I need the voltage inverter for backlighting? and what do I have to do to get it to fit the OEM panel?.

I'll call and chat with them on Monday

Last edited:
Thanks Vincent. I did not know they could do that.

I'd like a speedo as close to OEM look as possible. The main questions are, can they match the finish of the OEM bezel? do I need the voltage inverter for backlighting? and what do I have to do to get it to fit the OEM panel?.

I'll call and chat with them on Monday
You will want to buy the entire set and panel, because the Speedhut tachometer is round, not D-shaped, Their bezel is close, but not quite the same. A big plus is that the Speedhut panel is slightly smaller and easier to fit! The designer can show you what they can do.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Please post the pictures EE after the work is completed. Good luck!

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Well, the ebay vendor (Lascoautoparts) from whom I purchased the OEM speedometer just informed me they "don't have one and can't find one". So back to square one.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Well, the ebay vendor (Lascoautoparts) from whom I purchased the OEM speedometer just informed me they "don't have one and can't find one". So back to square one.

That's the same junk I encountered with Ford parts dealers who claim to have the oil pump belt in stock. Their sites let you go all the way thru with the order only to find out a day or 2 later they don't actually have it. Ridiculous!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I have been using the FGT voltage surge suppressor kit for some time. I went on a trip once and left the key in the on position for 3 days. Knock on wood no issues yet.

Attachments

• CB605CA7-C32B-4E1E-BE43-98B51BFB3ED3.jpeg
    CB605CA7-C32B-4E1E-BE43-98B51BFB3ED3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2