Looking for Tungsten FGT

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The same could be said about adding miles.

If driving is part of the plan, you can always save your take-off parts and reinstall them at the time of selling if you make the upgrades.

BTW, The short shifter is an improvement originally offered by Ford (thru parts) and if you are like me, getting rid of that rubber boot and replacing it with the (simulated?) leather shifter boot was one of my very favorite upgrades. Right behind getting rid of the GoodYears.

dinosgt

Aug 29, 2020

If driving is part of the plan, you can always save your take-off parts and reinstall them at the time of selling if you make the upgrades.

BTW, The short shifter is an improvement originally offered by Ford (thru parts) and if you are like me, getting rid of that rubber boot and replacing it with the (simulated?) leather shifter boot was one of my very favorite upgrades. Right behind getting rid of the GoodYears.

If the short shifter upgrade is anything like the one I did on my GT500, its night and day and is a "must have".

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If the short shifter upgrade is anything like the one I did on my GT500, its night and day and is a "must have".

Yes, it makes a world of difference. It's easy to do it yourself.

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
Thanks guys. Reasonably fresh tires are a must and now a short shifter is a must. Sweet

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Well, crap! .. another thing I 'need' to do! But .. are they still available?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Somebody here bought them all. I think they are on ebay.

Reactions: extrap

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

Earlier this year I bought one here:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Did you do the MGW2?

I had mine swapped (done right by an expert) to a short shifter and did not like it at all. It was harder to shift and not nearly as comfortable to use. I went back to stock and am happier with it.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
I had mine swapped (done right by an expert) to a short shifter and did not like it at all. It was harder to shift and not nearly as comfortable to use. I went back to stock and am happier with it.

Force x distance = work. Decreasing the distance (short shift), increases the force proportionately. For those that have trouble with hard shifting, a short shift will make it noticeably harder. Or, vice-versa, going from a short shift to stock will make it easier.

Last edited:

dinosgt

Aug 29, 2020
Did you do the MGW2?
Yes sir. Night and day over stock. Amazing piece of engineering - it was almost too nice to install and hide under the car...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yes sir. Night and day over stock. Amazing piece of engineering - it was almost too nice to install and hide under the car...

On my to-do list. Never heard anyone have anything but praise for the unit.

First time I have read of someone not liking loving it.

dinosgt

Aug 29, 2020
On my to-do list. Never heard anyone have anything but praise for the unit.

First time I have read of someone not liking loving it.

In my case, although it was indeed a tad heavier, it was a big improvement in a lack of OEM "slop" from gate to gate; was a measurably shorter throw both front-to-back and side-to-side; and offered a much more positive engagement when it "snicked" into gear (for lack of a better term...). I would offer that it should be one of the first mods to any Shelby GT500, next to hood struts and a clutch spring delete.

It also 100% cured a 6500 rpm 1-2 synchro grind that is pretty common in the trinity cars. Best 400 bucks I ever spent.

However how this may or may not translate to a FGT I dont know, and would defer to members' real world experience.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah

I like resting my hand on the silicone 36C when driving.
The shifter shown in the link doesn't show a boot. Does it come with one?

alexhay3

Subscribing Spectator
Nov 2, 2016
Duxbury, MA
In case you have not already seen, here is one from my Hemmings feed today.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Interesting that they replaced the cabin filters. PROBABLY ORIGINAL GOODYEAR HOCKEY PUCKs

Reactions: 2112

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I like resting my hand on the silicone 36C when driving.
The shifter shown in the link doesn't show a boot. Does it come with one?

No, the shifter doesn't include a boot. You can get that from Exoticare, a vendor here.

In case you have not already seen, here is one from my Hemmings feed today.

Must have just brought it in since they have no pictures yet.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Just to state the obvious, a clean carfax does NOT mean that the car is accident free. In looking at the pics of the Vegas car - something is peculiar with the fitment of the clamshell. The horizontal body line gap behind the scoop on the driver's side is large whereas the same line on the passenger side is very tight. Also, there is an issue with the "continuous arch" of the driver's side wheel well opening - once again the clamshell is "off" a bit. For the unfamiliar, none of this is about "adjusting the clamshell." The clamshell goes on and is aligned perfectly across the gap at the roofline - which pretty much fixes the positioning of the clamshell. Then, every other body part is fitted to the clamshell rather than the other way around. I'm not saying the Vegas car is "bad" - just saying that there's something there from the pictures that would warrant further investigation. (There'd be a couple of other "tells" that would confirm this in a physical inspection.) I just don't think the car left Wixom with those panel gaps.

Last edited:

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
Thanks for your comment nota4re (Kendall, right?) and nice to meet you. As a noob to the site and searching for a car, I have noticed your thoughtful comments on the forum threads. I think you live right up the road from my brother who lives in Sylmar.

Thanks for the heads up alexhay3 and in fact all 3 of us noobs looking for a Tungsten have been chatting with each other and yesterday all 3 of us talked about that car. With that mileage, and someone on the forum relatively recently providing a table of sales price as a function of mileage, it seems that that car is "only" $55,000 over market or market is way different recently.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Judging by Bring a Trailer's recent GT sales (1 each of the past 5 weeks anyway) the market does seem to be way different lately ... unless those 5 were anomalies (can there even be 5 anomalies in a row 🤔) ... or somehow not legit :unsure: $332K for the 2,500-mile red/white that ended 8/11 .. that's pretty surprising since it can't even claim to be a low production color like the 1,100-mile silver that ended Monday at $342K. Welcome to 2020, I guess, where the gubmint is making it rain 💸 all over the place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cadster