California / Florida
Aqua Blue Metallic by Porsche is great

Reactions: idigit

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Kona is beautiful, but it can have a purple cast. Take a look at Ford’s current off the shelf ‘Blue Jeans’. It is close to the 2005/06 midnight blue color, but appears a tad brighter.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Kona was originally considered as a model year change blue. It's a good blue. The car will look good in most blues, but I personally prefer something intense vs. something "soft."

Blu Nethuns
DreiaamWkAEy-r3

I store a BMW M4 in San Marino Blue occasionally for a big BMW fanatic. It's one of the best blues I've ever seen in person.

attachment.php

Blue Hera Mica Metallic (darker)

IMG_6810.jpg

Nouvelle Blue Pearl

ce867fc573c6cbde6a43f55522c16dcf.jpg

idigit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 5, 2019
Iowa
Kona was originally considered as a model year change blue. It's a good blue. The car will look good in most blues, but I personally prefer something intense vs. something "soft."

Blu Nethuns
DreiaamWkAEy-r3

I store a BMW M4 in San Marino Blue occasionally for a big BMW fanatic. It's one of the best blues I've ever seen in person.

attachment.php

Blue Hera Mica Metallic (darker)

View attachment 59208

Nouvelle Blue Pearl

ce867fc573c6cbde6a43f55522c16dcf.jpg
Those are all great blues!!! I think I agree with you about something sportier in blue. This is after all a super car worthy of the best paint.

Blue Goose

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2007
There are many crayons to choose from.
Don’t pick the “liquid Blue” as it is a hesitation for you, but trust me, liquid blue was selected for a reason. Looks even better polarized!

no regrets

Blue Goose
2020 liquid Blue Carbon
2006 Midnight Blue
2016 R w/ blue stripes
2015 R White

Reactions: idigit and Ed Sims

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Spoken like a true Brit! Next you’ll be talking about “tyres”... 😆
I love the way auto-correct congratulates me about the proper spelling by underlining the word in red.

Reactions: Special K

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Difficult decision, I remember agonizing over the different blues, but I have to say the liquid blue is special. I believe Ford really researched the color options and what looks great on the car!
I solved my problem by going with liquid grey!!!
Good luck with your decision! It was a special opportunity and for me a chance of a lifetime! On delivery day I told my wife it was the biggest “ car day” of my life! Enjoy every minute of it! The entire concierge experience is special! Be sure to visit MM when in production!

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Acura NSX nouvelle blue and Valencia red are special andaro paint options, both are great
read about them here https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/what-makes-the-acura-nsxs-6000-andaro-paint-so-special/

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I think the Ford GT Stripe Color, Lightning Blue is outstanding for a solid blue color!

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
I am laughing reading this post as it is giving me some serious Deja Vu. I wrestled with all of the same concerns you are having. I knew I wanted the car in blue, just not sure which blue. I looked at a bunch of various ECP options, including Ford colors. I was down to Lightning Blue (by Ford of course) and Blu Elettrico (by Ferrari). I went with Blu Elettrico, I recently saw it in person at the plant and I am SO happy with it!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I am laughing reading this post as it is giving me some serious Deja Vu. I wrestled with all of the same concerns you are having. I knew I wanted the car in blue, just not sure which blue. I looked at a bunch of various ECP options, including Ford colors. I was down to Lightning Blue (by Ford of course) and Blu Elettrico (by Ferrari). I went with Blu Elettrico, I recently saw it in person at the plant and I am SO happy with it!

Yes! I am ready to see this one.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Great choice. Super cars wear super colors well.

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
This car looks good in any blue color. Congrats on your selection.

GLH

Apr 19, 2016
Did anyone go with Ferrari Blu Pozzi? Just curious.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Did anyone go with Ferrari Blu Pozzi? Just curious.
Was just thinking that. This is Nick Mason's car in Blu Pozzi.

Attachments

• nick-mason-laferrari-blu-pozzi-at-london-concours.jpg
    nick-mason-laferrari-blu-pozzi-at-london-concours.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 47
  • nick-mason-laferrari-blu-pozzi-at-london-concours (1).jpg
    nick-mason-laferrari-blu-pozzi-at-london-concours (1).jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: BAT and idigit

idigit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 5, 2019
Iowa
Was just thinking that. This is Nick Mason's car in Blu Pozzi.
Thanks for sharing.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Love the BMW colors, Im starting to try and figure out colors for my delivery this summer. I wont hijack cause I might go red or custom livery, lol.

Good luck to you!

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
WOW that Blu Pozzi looks Really REally REAlly REALly REALLy REALLY GREAT AGAIN!

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
So, does anyone have a lightning blue car and a Viper in Viper GTS blue? Or maybe seen the two next to each other?

I am wondering if they are very similar to each other