Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
PM Sent

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Huh? For what, a potential agent? A lot of folks here use Drew (I dont as at the we talked he could not sell in MA):

Yes, for an agent. Classis was one and I think another was thrown out too.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Drew at Classic had the best rates for NV.

If you have other older cars in a collection then Barrett Jackson (rebranded AIG Private Client Group) will give a discount on the Ford GT but their normal rate is $1/$1000 coverage for an agreed value policy. In addition the agency that brokers BJ/AIG also can do your daily driver and homeowners through Auto Owners (in some states) and their coverage and rates were the best by far when we were in Colorado, but alas, they don't write policies in NV. The firm that brokers BJ/AIG also does other carriers now and can quote multiple carriers. To contact them go to www.barrett-jackson.com/insurance

All that said, I ended up with Drew for almost 5 years.

Robbin at Midwest Classic Insurance has great policies, service, and price. They cover all my collector cars (including my GT) and motorcycles.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I use State Farm.
andy (ajb)

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Thanks for your inputs. I tried my insurance co first, Farmers. They quoted $3000+. I've found it for half through Classic.
Hagerty won't insure me because I've never owned a supercar.
Grundy's was $3k+ too.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for your inputs. I tried my insurance co first, Farmers. They quoted $3000+. I've found it for half through Classic.
Hagerty won't insure me because I've never owned a supercar.
Grundy's was $3k+ too.
It depends on where you live but mine through Drew for a Heritage in Vegas was over 3K. Vegas very expensive

Last edited:

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
The keys to insurance are having had an advanced high performance driving school, experience with driving and owning high performance cars, and the total value of your collection. The more cars and therefore value insured, the lower the rates.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This is very true, 1st few years with the 05 GT had "normal" insurance (my ignorance to collector insurance). So when I switched to Hagerty, no problem, took everything there. Then 2 years ago, no issues adding the new one ("normally" Hagerty doesnt want new cars). Have not looked back.

The keys to insurance are having had an advanced high performance driving school, experience with driving and owning high performance cars, and the total value of your collection. The more cars and therefore value insured, the lower the rates.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Interesting....

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I've never owned a supercar. When I do I want to drive it. That means hotels, restaurants, Walmart, etc. At a restaurant, do you let valet park it? At a hotel, do they let you park in the front driveway? Or, do you just park in a typical spot you'd park any nice car which may be out a bit? I understand about being able to open the door far enough to get in. Is a typical house garage wide enough? My space is only the width of a one car garage door because of cabinets but that can be modified if need be.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Rob
I sent you a DM

Tomcat

GT Owner
Did you buy one yet?

FerrariSlayer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 3, 2014
Spring, TX
The one in Whitefish Montana should be within driving distance.....I have the guy's e-mail address if you need it.

A friend of mine purchased this car. It's coming to the Houston area next week.

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
A friend of mine purchased this car. It's coming to the Houston area next week.
I have the contact information of the Montana Tungsten car's original owner. Nice guy and he can provide details of his ownership to your friend. PM me if you want to discuss