Camaro done......again?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

I was shocked to read this.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
the carry over muscle cars of the past are not popular with todays generation. they like boxes on wheels. competition is tough amongst the ones that are left. ford and dodge are doing a better job. not surprising, dodge axed the viper its all about bottom dollar. if this new generation has anything to say about how cars should be designed we will all be driving cubes...

Reactions: maxemus

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
the carry over muscle cars of the past are not popular with todays generation. they like boxes on wheels. competition is tough amongst the ones that are left. ford and dodge are doing a better job. not surprising, dodge axed the viper its all about bottom dollar. if this new generation has anything to say about how cars should be designed we will all be driving cubes...

Electric boxes with 4 wheels.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
You can see the trend watching all the car auctions. Sell off prices will continue to fall for run of the mill muscle and collector cars.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
if this new generation has anything to say about how cars should be designed we will all be driving cubes...

Actually, the cubes will be driving us.

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
The new Camaro just never had the right look, ford and dodge did a much better job

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Actually, the cubes will be driving us.
touche

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
The new Camaro just never had the right look, ford and dodge did a much better job

Agreed. Growing up I was a Camaro/Trans Am fan. I liked Mustangs but, always stuck with GM. Then they came out with the new body style in 09/10?? and I haven't owned a GM product since. The interior was the worst part.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Camaro done.....
QSS

Attachments

• well....jpg
    well....jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 4

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
It would be a sad day if they let it go again.. even though I am more aligned with ford and have traditionally always had mustangs and other fords I would still miss the camaro. Im reminded of a time long ago, when we used to go street racing and all the GM guys and ford the guys would do battle. I was always in my mustang and it was a lot fun beating up on the Camaro guys but still, the possibility that a big part of that continued history will no longer exist is just sad.

I can appreciate a nice Camaro as much as the next person and for a ford guy I cant believe i own two of them :)

Attachments

• IMG_7845.JPG
    IMG_7845.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: DakotaGT

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
+1

I bleed Ford blue, but realize Camaros made my Mustangs better cars. I have a Gen V but my favorites are early Gen II's. Is your RS a '73? Did you build it? I would suspect a Detroit Speed build but you have the fenders filled with rubber too nicely for that.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Its a 71,
I bought it somewhat restored with original suspension and some of the ugliest wheels imaginable and ended up re-doing it. after some research I decided on the full BMR suspension kit including new control arms, 4 link set up, torque arm, double adjustable coil overs, and watts link, then added subframe connectors changed the exhaust and few other mods, its not tubbed but I still managed to get 295s in the back I think there is about a 1/4" of space on either side of the tire I did have to massage the inner fender liner a bit to get some extra room but it worked out alright. of course we ordered custom wheels with custom offset to make the tire size work within the given space. the fronts are 255s I think

Detroit speed was way too pricey.

Attachments

• IMG_7528.JPG
    IMG_7528.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 18

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Very Nicely done.

Reactions: soroush

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
thanks,
I have always had a thing for Gen II Fbodys, I even bought a beat up 73 firebird and slowly redoing it as well, I always thought those were very cool looking, but of course the 69 mustang has the best lines out of all of them...

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Nameplate will re-emerge as yet another crossover vehicle. (yawn)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Get used to this.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
thanks,
I have always had a thing for Gen II Fbodys, I even bought a beat up 73 firebird and slowly redoing it as well, I always thought those were very cool looking, but of course the 69 mustang has the best lines out of all of them...

Our tastes are the same. Also have a thing for '70-'73 T/A's and consider the '69 B9 in Burgundy or Jade the ultimate Gen I Mustang (have a '66, '67 500 and '70 M code Mach I)

Get used to this.

+1 😕

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Oppenheiser moves on to electric vehicles

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Our tastes are the same. Also have a thing for '70-'73 T/A's and consider the '69 B9 in Burgundy or Jade the ultimate Gen I Mustang (have a '66, '67 500 and '70 M code Mach I)

+1 😕
Agree and I would say in more ways than just cars, I believe we also have the same taste in profession/career

I have been thinking about a 65/66 for a while now I thinking a gt350 hertz recreation with AC to drive around as a fair weather daily and I have been accumulating parts for it just need to find the car. I have the motor, trans, bell housing clutch assembly pretty much the whole drivetrain minus the rear end out of my 93 cobra I can swap into it.. something with modern drivetrain that looks stock from the outside which can be driven everyday. otherwise if I end up with a complete car with an older motor just slap a fast or fitech fuel injection system on it and add AC maybe a change the tranny to 5 or 6 speed.

is your 67 mint green?
and 70 M code a cleveland?

post some pics love to see the pair.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The '67 is Nightmist over black, poorly restored (by today's standards) in the mid-90's and the M-code is an unrestored 4 barrel shaker Cleveland. The '70 pics are glam shots taken by previous owner. I am a sucker for gold muscle cars.

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    664.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0898.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG