Amelia Island Concours

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Anyone going to Amelia Island this year? I've never been and was thinking about driving down in the GT. Any recommendations of what to do or see during the event?
Thanks

Reactions: Cobrar

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I'll be there. Unless you have secure hotel parking, there is only general parking at the airport or very limited street parking.....and only then if you arrive very early on Sunday morning. There is a great C&C on Saturday at the Ritz, followed by some of the Concours cars arriving early for the next day's event. If you are a Porsche guy there is WERKS Reunion on Friday. Also, half a dozen auctions.

Tomcat

GT Owner
My wife and I have gone the past two years...stayed at the Omni It is fantastic and as Howard said:
  1. C&C is great
  2. Accommodations are hard to get.
  3. Parking and traffic can suck
I saw a McLaren F1 in my hotel parking lot (valet) and a Porsche 917K driving down the street (being warmed up before it went to auction).

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
The Amelia Concours is the best classic car event in the country (mind you I'm on the B.O.D.). Much calmer and nicer than the Pebble week IMHO. See www.ameliaconcours.org for our official schedule of Concours events.

There are a handful of auctions now on the island - RM, Gooding, Bonhams, Russo and Steele and 1-2 smaller ones. Just going to their free previews is a car show in of itself.

Porsche has as big Werks reunion one day too - can't recall if Fri or Sat.

The Concours' big Cars and Coffee event is at the Ritz on Sat, and is free and fun.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Festival of Speed, that has been at the Omni before.

The actual world class Amelia Concours is Sunday - would try to buy tix in advance, as lines can get insane. Typically >300 of the best vintage and racing cars in the world.

If trouble finding a room - stay in Jacksonville. Maybe 45 min to an hour away.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
not having luck clicking into advanced ticket sales for Sunday. any links that work?
staying at Jax Beach on the ocean. 45 minute cruise to amelia. no big deal.
will be with GTJoey. he's not bringing a GT but instead an old Jag I believe.

Tomcat

GT Owner
not having luck clicking into advanced ticket sales for Sunday. any links that work?
staying at Jax Beach on the ocean. 45 minute cruise to amelia. no big deal.
will be with GTJoey. he's not bringing a GT but instead an old Jag I believe.
I have always run into Joey at dinner (same restaurant each year) on Thursday at Amelia...tell him Tomcat says hi

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
Will be driving up from St Augustine.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This was an amazing event (our 1st time there). Highly recommend this to anyone considering it in the future.