First new GT down the 1/2 mile, vs Demon....

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida

Austinj427

Feb 12, 2018
Colorado
Great video!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Nice !
andy (ajb)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
great runs

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Thanks for sharing. Good stuff

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
That was fun. Hoping that 160+ trap speed was gainst the ZR1...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
As much as I am interested and impressed with the drag
Put me on a race track with turns!That is were the GT comes alive!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
The timing on this is interesting because there was a Dodge Demon-specific event in Houston this weekend. They wanted to get over 60 Demons but only 37 actually showed up.

BUT -- the track had Mass Traction prep and EVERY Demon pulled a 9, which is amazing because most of them were rookies with little-to-no drag racing experience. The event was meant to A. teach Demon owners how to use their car and B. let the Demon run in an environment where it could make the most of its abilities (power).

All this to say, the Demon has crazy acceleration potential...on a really sticky surface. Anywhere else...all that power pretty much goes up in smoke.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX

Love it! I got sucked into the rabbit hole and watched a bunch more. As always, great stuff!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I'm with Ron (road course) but dang that was a great video

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Thanks for posting very well done video.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Thanks, impressive photography

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
Love watching these videos, thanks for sharing.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Brooks. It goes without saying I get a beep on my phone at least once a day that DRAG TIMES posted a new video... cool stuff... thanks. Love the stuff. Don’t forget to get the RED one out now and then.... she’s not your step child!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Thanks for the race Brooks. I thought it would be closer. I like and respect the demon, but this is a perfect example of using a scalpel versus an axe in surgery! Power to weight and Aero, Aero, Aero!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
thanks! I'm working on racing the two vs each other soon... :)

Brooks. It goes without saying I get a beep on my phone at least once a day that DRAG TIMES posted a new video... cool stuff... thanks. Love the stuff. Don’t forget to get the RED one out now and then.... she’s not your step child!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Cool video, as always Brooks. You know I'm a fan. It should be obvious to all by now that the Demon is a pretty worthless competitor unless it is used in the proper capacity- at a prepped dragstrip. The yellow Demon in the video was struggling hard in the first two gears (struggling much more than the GT)... would have probably equated to a 12-second quarter-mile run, lol. As Karl Brauer recently mentioned, at the recent Demon event with good air and a good prepped track, EVERY demon there ran in the 9's.

Nice to see the GT get a chance to strut it's stuff, though; aero sure gets to be much more critical over that length, and those speeds... It's a runner AND a looker! And it can turn!

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
thanks.... my 1/4 for that run was 11.2 @ 133 MPH, GT spun just past 60 MPH.... I think the Demon did well considering the conditions.... either way, how can you pass up a race between these two at an airstrip.... Grand Tour did it as well.. :)

Cool video, as always Brooks. You know I'm a fan. It should be obvious to all by now that the Demon is a pretty worthless competitor unless it is used in the proper capacity- at a prepped dragstrip. The yellow Demon in the video was struggling hard in the first two gears (struggling much more than the GT)... would have probably equated to a 12-second quarter-mile run, lol. As Karl Brauer recently mentioned, at the recent Demon event with good air and a good prepped track, EVERY demon there ran in the 9's.

Nice to see the GT get a chance to strut it's stuff, though; aero sure gets to be much more critical over that length, and those speeds... It's a runner AND a looker! And it can turn!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
What’s interesting about the Demon is that it has a Launch mode, and SRT suggests using it unless you’re at a dragstrip with excellent traction. I think most Demon owners refuse to use Launch mode because they think they can beat it, but it’s clear from many videos, including this one, they can’t.

Of course I don’t know if the Demon in Brooks’ video was using Luanch mode, but with that much tire spinning I doubt it. And to be honest, I’ve only used it once, at the track, just see how it did (it was slower than Drag Mode). Next on my “Demon to-do” list is to play with Launch mode on normal pavement to see what times it pulls (the car has a built-in timer and I have a VBox, which I’d also like to compare). I’m betting using Launch mode would save a lot of embarrassment for Demon owners doing non-dragstrip runs.

Sorry for the hijack. Back to our regularly-scheduled Ford GT discussions. :)

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
What’s interesting about the Demon is that it has a Launch mode, and SRT suggests using it unless you’re at a dragstrip with excellent traction. I think most Demon owners refuse to use Launch mode because they think they can beat it, but it’s clear from many videos, including this one, they can’t.

Of course I don’t know if the Demon in Brooks’ video was using Luanch mode, but with that much tire spinning I doubt it. And to be honest, I’ve only used it once, at the track, just see how it did (it was slower than Drag Mode). Next on my “Demon to-do” list is to play with Launch mode on normal pavement to see what times it pulls (the car has a built-in timer and I have a VBox, which I’d also like to compare). I’m betting using Launch mode would save a lot of embarrassment for Demon owners doing non-dragstrip runs.

Sorry for the hijack. Back to our regularly-scheduled Ford GT discussions. :)

I’ve played some with launch control settings on the street in my Demon. It can be helpful, but you have to dial it down to about 1100-1300 rpm or it’s basically “burnout mode”. On the strip too, it really takes some dialing in to the various track prep conditions in order to be helpful. I do like the trans-brake, but I hate looking like an idiot on the tree; give me a good old-fashioned trans-brake button to release! Also, I haven’t found the on-board timers to be terribly accurate. But these days, Dragys are super cheap and extremely accurate. Or a VBox, like you said.