Picking up new DD this afternoon!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The 2015 650IX convertible will be coming off warranty in March, and while I've enjoyed the car (for what it is), it has a few annually recurring electronic problems, that out of warranty make it the wrong car to keep. So, of course with the new 8 series coming, and even before that, I knew the resale on these suck.............................I still got less than I thought..........oh well, not all cars are like our GTs that go up in value. I'm picking up a loaded E53 AMG convertible. I test drove it the other day, and it has a straight 6, twin turbo, with an electric "pre-boost". With the performance exhaust, it has a really nice snarl, and has a great push when you push the go pedal. A bit smaller in all areas then the 6 series, but still, I'm looking forward to it!!!
Wishing everyone a healthy and happy New Year, and may all the well deserving forum members, get their wish for a new GT!!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Photos or it isn't real"!!! :biggrin :wink

Congrats!

H & H N Y 2U2...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I saw one of these a few days ago. It is very sharp looking and definitely caught my eye!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
"Photos or it isn't real"!!! :biggrin :wink

Congrats!
tomorrow, when it's daytime, and I'm sure that they'll be upside down!!!
H & H N Y 2U2...

I saw one of these a few days ago. It is very sharp looking and definitely caught my eye!
Damn, this thing has more programs than the space shuttle.................I like it, now I have to learn how to navigate all the functions!!!!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Congrats!
Let's try to get together soon.
Best,
Mark

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Congrats!
Let's try to get together soon.
Best,
Mark

Absolutely!!! Healthy Happy New Year!!!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Drove an E53 (straight 6 turbo) yesterday back to back to an E43 (V6 turbo), (can the Germans confuse us more?), exemplary interior and both cars are beasts when pushed. I got "stuck" to the seat back a bit more in the E53, salesman said there's a 48-volt hybrid setup which provides 184 lb-ft boost under heavy acceleration, I'm thinking wow finally a salesman that knows cars, he then asked me what I drive, I replied a Ford GT, he said Oh I like Mustangs :facepalm:
Congrats on the new ride!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
instantly
...he then asked me what I drive, I replied a Ford GT, he said Oh I like Mustangs :facepalm:

One would think, after all these years, there wouldn't be a 'car guy' left on the planet who didn't know the difference. :bored

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Drove an E53 (straight 6 turbo) yesterday back to back to an E43 (V6 turbo), (can the Germans confuse us more?), exemplary interior and both cars are beasts when pushed. I got "stuck" to the seat back a bit more in the E53, salesman said there's a 48-volt hybrid setup which provides 184 lb-ft boost under heavy acceleration, I'm thinking wow finally a salesman that knows cars, he then asked me what I drive, I replied a Ford GT, he said Oh I like Mustangs :facepalm:
Congrats on the new ride!

LMAO, was at a New Years Party on Sunday, with a group of car guys, and one of the "divorced" guys, had a new girlfriend, who seemed into cars, and somewhat knowledgeable, and she asked me what cars I had. She knew the car that brought us all together (obviously), and then I said I had a Ford GT, and she said her brother had one in the 70's, and I was kind of like, if you mean Mustang, that's not what I have.....Oh well, the fun continues. My wife doesn't know of the latest departure and arrival, she due to land early this morning, and will see it when the garage door goes up!!!

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
If it was called a GT-43.............

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
A83F3A42-E29E-47A7-9C83-1CE7912F02C4.jpg
Can’t figure out how to attach more than one picture at a time😢
And just like I said, it’s upside down!!
Please someone fix it. In other forums, no problem posting multiple pictures, and they come out, right side up!!!

Tomcat

GT Owner
That is a LOT of downforce! Hey Roger,welcome to the AMG world...I have an SL55 and it IS a beast!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Damn, this thing has more programs than the space shuttle.................I like it, now I have to learn how to navigate all the functions!!!!

I'll have my 5 year old grandson help you. These kids are amazing!

Ed

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'll have my 5 year old grandson help you. These kids are amazing!

Ed

I second that.

My little granddaughter was showing me how to do stuff on HER "pewter" when she was two-and-a-half to three-years-old.

I know that SOUNDS like absolute b.s............but is izzunt.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I'll bet they wouldn't know what to do if you put both of them next to a rotary dial phone and asked them to call grandpa :biggrin

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Here you go.....

Attachments

• E4014BFB-2223-43B9-8554-8E876F883B91.jpg
    E4014BFB-2223-43B9-8554-8E876F883B91.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 110

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Here you go.....

Thank you!!! Really enjoying this. Much better wheel feel then the BMW, the sound from the performance exhaust, just enough snarl. Getting used to the "systems". Like the Apple car play, and ability to put Waze on the big monitor, just wish it would also show up in the HUD. Car goes back to the shop, to finish the installation of the Max CI360, and the front and rear dashcams, as he was unable to finish it, before I needed it back. Tomorrow the wife is off, so I can leave them the car for the day. I was using the NSX for a few days, but when the weather was turning again, I didn't want to be driving that on performance tires. I just put the snows on the E53 yesterday, damn, those tires cost more than the ones on the GT!!!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
My daily is an 17 AMG c63S with a DINAN Interceptor box. At 600 HP plus these cars are fun.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Oh....it's a car? I thought Double D's was something else. Was waiting for some nice T..s

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'll bet they wouldn't know what to do if you put both of them next to a rotary dial phone and asked them to call grandpa :biggrin

...and you thought you were kidding:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...inutes-to-make-one-call/ar-BBS3IkS?ocid=ientp