Final Car Specs Delaying The Application?

Would you commit to a deposit before knowing the Final Specs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Ready Willing & Able

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Specs have nothing to do with application release date.

Don't expect full specs prior to application.

Good to Know !!

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Even without the final specs, you pretty much know what you're getting. Then you get it and it blows away all your expectations.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I picked this up tonight at CVS, which will definitely assist in the hunt.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Yes. I am already more than satisfied with the package. :thumbsup Can't wait to find out about all of the Easter Eggs Ford has hidden... :biggrin

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I already know enough to place my order should I get the chance. :thumbsup

My thoughts exactly- I am eager to purchase one even without all the final specs in stone

<<We know there has been a change in the company outsourced to do the application which has caused some delay>>
I guess I must have missed any previoius posts about this- anyone got a link to the area where this was mentioned or any details?

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
My thoughts exactly- I am eager to purchase one even without all the final specs in stone

<<We know there has been a change in the company outsourced to do the application which has caused some delay>>
I guess I must have missed any previoius posts about this- anyone got a link to the area where this was mentioned or any details?

I was wondering the same... and I am going to ask to see your collection if I ever find myself in Central CA...

The Mangusta and Pantera in one place!!! Awesome :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/31874-Ok-be-honest?p=414029&viewfull=1#post414029

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/31874-Ok-be-honest?p=414063&viewfull=1#post414063

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Ready Willing & Able

+1

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
So, you are saying there still is a chance for a V8? LOL

Ed

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Yes. I was comitted to the car when I saw it.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I just have a feeling that specs might not be available until late June at the earliest..... I know plenty to be ready to go, if given the nod.

*** and I just miss read the poll and voted wrong. I would be a Yes.

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I put a deposit on my McLaren before I even knew what it looked like, so this one is a no-brainer, I'm in regardless of specs. I don't Ford will go all XJ220 on us!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
This is not a difficult question Brian. We are all GT faithful and were ready once they rolled it out at the North American Auto Show. We know that Ford will far exceed what we can imagine when it comes to the new GT. They recognize the importance of having a supercar that instantly vaults itself to the pinnacle of the motor car world. It is after all the GT reputation and trademark.

Vince H

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I put a deposit on my McLaren before I even knew what it looked like, so this one is a no-brainer, I'm in regardless of specs. I don't Ford will go all XJ220 on us!

So Ford would go from a V6 to a 3 cylinder? .. :biggrin

This is not a difficult question Brian. We are all GT faithful and were ready once they rolled it out at the North American Auto Show. We know that Ford will far exceed what we can imagine when it comes to the new GT. They recognize the importance of having a supercar that instantly vaults itself to the pinnacle of the motor car world. It is after all the GT reputation and trademark.

Vince H

Happy to hear over 90% feel the same.. It was kind of a two part conundrum for me... I'm happy to hear from the Ring Master the final specs won't delay the application process any further..

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I just have a feeling that specs might not be available until late June at the earliest..... I know plenty to be ready to go, if given the nod.

*** and I just miss read the poll and voted wrong. I would be a Yes.

you miss read it... Andy,,, :rolleyes :rolleyes

2fast4u

FORD GT OWNER
Feb 9, 2006
MA and GA
yes... bring it on!!!!!!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I would not be very enthused if the engine became the I-4 Ecoboost. :):)
andy (ajb)

You're an industry veteran Andy, and you're right on, sometimes things change, often not for the better. But I was in Dearborn today, and I did see something a little different. Attached pic of a cowling modified to fit some other type of powertrain. Can't imagine it's a EcoBoost 4 cylinder. ;-))

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 162

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I ordered my '05 in '03 when it was still a prototype! I am sure the new GT will be great, don't need the specs!!

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
In my experience, knowing full and final specifications or even price, before placing a deposit on a rare breed is the exception rather than the rule. When demand so far outstrips supply, as is the case with this Phoenix GT, you either have the desire to own it, or you don't. And if you possess both the means and the desire to own it, don't bog yourself down with details.

And for christ's sake if you fill out an app, and get selected, and then choose not to purchase because of HP or Weight or lap times, or luggage space, so help me god I will punch you in the middle of the face. LOL. Just kidding. But seriously, don't bobble the ball in the end zone in the final game of the season. Otherwise we will all talk so much shit behind your back it won't even be funny. LOL, just kidding again...sort of.

Have a great day! :)