The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
[video=youtube;4-OTQ3yunfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-OTQ3yunfU[/video]

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I was very much looking forward to the release of these videos from Ford....(even though I'm not a gamer).,,thanks Dave!

Last edited:

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Fantastic !!!

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Wow, thanks for the link!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ironic...a video produced for Xbox gamers is one of the best ever to give an idea of what goes into supercar design.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Hope they make a full documentary ala "rebuilding the supercar legend".

Now I know why the seat material looks like it came from Ikea - a Swede did the interior design!

gtx1

GTX1 Owner
Apr 5, 2006
Is it on display at the Rolex 24?

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
colorchoices.jpg

In the video, in the background, there are some color studies (possible production options?)...

Heritage is in there, but I must admit I love the Black with Gold Stripes!!!! The Silver with black wheels looks pretty cool too!!!

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Is it on display at the Rolex 24?

You do know that the Detroit Auto Show is still going on?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I must have one!!!!!!!!

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I must have one!!!!!!!!

Me too (White / blue stripes if possible, like the 06 I of course keep) !!!!!!!!!

FordGT_white.jpg

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Unreal !!!

Selling everything

The '16 GT must be owned !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2fast4u

FORD GT OWNER
Feb 9, 2006
MA and GA
I need one of those

Compare the side view to a Mclaren. To me, they are very similar. In general, I don't like the new "GT". The front end is unattractive, the dash is for video gaming, I prefer vehicles that show their mechanical bits instead of having them plastic covered, and the general aspect is "modern generic supercar". The only part I like is the rear end. I'll happily keep my 05, which is a beautiful timeless design that's instantly recognizable.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Compare the side view to a Mclaren. To me, they are very similar. In general, I don't like the new "GT". The front end is unattractive, the dash is for video gaming, I prefer vehicles that show their mechanical bits instead of having them plastic covered, and the general aspect is "modern generic supercar". The only part I like is the rear end. I'll happily keep my 05, which is a beautiful timeless design that's instantly recognizable.

To me, the profile of the new GT looks nothing like the McLaren. I prefer the design of the FGT because I grew up idolizing the GT40, but PHX does a great job taking the design forward. I'm glad Ford didn't rely too much on retro themes with the new car. I think it retains just enough design cues from our cars. I love the proflie a bunch. The front too.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Compare the side view to a Mclaren. To me, they are very similar.

Okay, let's do that.

ford-gt-at-2015-detroit-auto-show-side-profile.jpg

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Car looks better every time I see a new pic angle.
Mark

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Both look awesome, old and new. I want both in my garage! An original would be nice too but not likely. Lol.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks for the Video, At first I wasn't sure of the looks of the New GT as it is very Retro looking to me. After seeing many pictures and in different colord and angles, I really like the looks of it. Here's hoping I get the chance to own one. Let us not to forget when the original GT40 was built it was fitted with the 2 latest engines, 289 and 427 V8's. Then our 05 and 06 GT's were produced with the latest V8, the 5.4 V8 and now 50 years from the First GT here comes the Ecoboost Twin Turbo Charged V6 engine which is the latest in technology. I love the history of the Ford GT. Thank You Ford, I'll Take One If Possible, I Love It! Who knows in 2026 if a V2 turbocharged is the latest in technology and Ford can build it and WIN then build it. Thats My Take and I wont even charge for it.

Last edited:

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
You will never please everyone, but I think the new GT looks like a wonderful updated version of our car.

I hear some say it looks too much like a McLaren or Aventador....but that's like saying three blond Sports Illustrated models look too much alike....

Give me a break...