Ford gt 2017 builders take notice and help us who want one

2fast4u

FORD GT OWNER
Feb 9, 2006
MA and GA
I currently own a 2005 red/white and would very much like to own the next 2017 GT but my spirits kind of went down the tubes when i talked to a large ford dealer. This was my conversation. Are you going to be getting a ford GT. If so can i get on a list. Yes we believe we will be getting 2 just like we did the last time . The only thing is we kept both of our 2005 GTs and if we get 2 this time we will keep at least 1 maybe both so it may not be available.

HEY FORD are you going to let your dealers do this ???

And i don't want them giving me crap about they are for sale ... how much are you willing to pay .. our price is 850k That will really piss me off... I hope ford takes care of the guys who have had a GT for 5 or 10 years . As well as i drive mine it is not in some collection .. I will drive and or take it to the track if i get a 2017

anyone have any answers to that????

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
wait till 2nd yr, plenty avail. like last time

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Your going to hear all kinds of BS from a lot of Dealers who don't know Crap about allocations. Just wait till the real allocation information is posted on this Forum by Dave. Speculation is Cheap, and that's all anyone can give at this point.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
With build #s as low as they are talking, I don't expect things to settle out like they did on the 05'/06's.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
wait till 2nd yr, plenty avail. like last time

Unless of course they win at LeMans, in which case, whatever the price was, the only question will be what whole number to multiply it by.

Macman

May 13, 2013
I cannot wait for some solid information. My dealer is going to be looking into them for me currently. But like us it is all speculation at this point. Does anyone know of a timeline to expect pricing/allocation to be released.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I cannot wait for some solid information. My dealer is going to be looking into them for me currently. But like us it is all speculation at this point. Does anyone know of a timeline to expect pricing/allocation to be released.

wait a year.............

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Not one dealer has any info on the GT other than press releases and "advance" notifications about this car.

30 days+ for actual information. It will be a long wait for all of us.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If any dealers are giving out info .Its coming from their backside!
DBK is the only reliable source

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
.. I hope ford takes care of the guys who have had a GT for 5 or 10 years .
anyone have any answers to that????

I wouldn't count on it, it'll take a long time before Ford dealers are at the same "loyalty" level with the likes of Tesla or McLaren dealers.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
My recollection was after the first 500 sold in 2004, demand slackened.

So after first 300-600 or yr two I would predict same.

Its not like there is a magic millionaire factory somewhere.

People still have to come up with the $ and ability to pull the trigger; in my experience, in life and GTs, the number who actually do that is low.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Maybe... but I kinda recall the prices being asked at first were stupid high until mid to late '05 and once they came down sales picked up. My early '05 #448 was a pre-price increase 4 option car which the dealer had sticker of $275,000 on it. After 3 months of looking at it the dealer agreed to sell it to me at the new +10% MSRP price in August '05. If that would have been the asking number in early '05, I (and probably others) would have bought it then. JMO.

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
If there are enough pre-orders, maybe that initial run number will be pushed up.

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
If any dealers are giving out info .Its coming from their backside!
DBK is the only reliable source

DBK only comments on items that have been revealed already. Guy is good at keeping a secret.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I'm not saying the new GT will follow the same pattern, but the '05's were pretty close to MSRP after the first 650 were sold.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=675&d=1150127695

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Wow!

After first 650, that's like first 6 mos of sales

This thing will be at msrp after first 300, it's $100K more and that's even less buyers

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
One possible difference is that the 05/06 cars have now been proven to appreciate.

But, although lots of people have lots of money, most don't mind waiting for prices to go down.