Castrol SRF - $40 Liter

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I found a deal on some SRF if any of you guys are interested. I have to order by the case but would be happy to break out a couple of bottle for anybody here. $40 per liter plus whatever shipping is from Dallas to you. Shoot me an email if you want some. markm@deltabail.com

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I found a deal on some SRF if any of you guys are interested. I have to order by the case but would be happy to break out a couple of bottle for anybody here. $40 per liter plus whatever shipping is from Dallas to you. Shoot me an email if you want some. markm@deltabail.com

That's a great price!
Any downsides to running SRF aside from cost? Read a bunch of stuff saying it would degrade rubber seals, etc. which apparently is a bunch of horse$hit. I was going to use it in my Porsche TT but never got around to it.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I have been using it in the FGt and Scud.....used in my ACR also.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
No question that SRF is the best stuff out there. It’s wet boiling point is higher than most other’s dry point. The closest competition (IMHO) is Motul and it’s damn good stuff, just not ‘the best.’ Whether it’s worth the price difference… that’s up to you. I heard about this deal and ordered a case. I offered it on a local small forum and had so many takers that I had to order another case (and may have to get a third). I just figured that I’d make it available to the folks here as well. I’ll be glad to give anybody my direct contact to the source but he will want it sold ‘per case’ but I am happy to break-up my order into 2-3 bottles for friends. I am not making anything on these, just passing along a good deal.

Let me know.

Last edited:

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
FUBAR:sent you an email....let me know when you get the next shipment.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I agree with Mark, the Castrol SRF brake fluid is the best hands down. Typical published properties are 518F wet Boiling Point (BP) with a 590-608F dry BP. The only other close wet BP (which is the important brake fluid factor) is Prospeed RS683 at 439F. Only problem is the SRF is typically VERY expensive. Typically $75-80 for a Liter (33.8 Fl oz).

Looking at value I try to change my fluid more often so the fluid more closely aligns with the dry BP properties and rotate between Mark's cited Motul 600 RBF (421F wet/594F dry) and ATE Super Blue (396F wet/536F dry). These alternate fluids offer IMO fluid properties I am very unlikely to exceed at a reasonable cost.

But if you can get the SRF fluid from Mark at $40 per 1L bottle, that looks very attractive! Thanks Fubar for offering this deal to the FGT owners.:biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
No question that SRF is the best stuff out there. It’s wet boiling point is higher than most other’s dry point. The closest competition (IMHO) is Motul and it’s damn good stuff, just not ‘the best.’ Whether it’s worth the price difference… that’s up to you. I heard about this deal and ordered a case. I offered it on a local small forum and had so many takers that I had to order another case (and may have to get a third). I just figured that I’d make it available to the folks here as well. I’ll be glad to give anybody my direct contact to the source but he will want it sold ‘per case’ but I am happy to break-up my order into 2-3 bottles for friends. I am not making anything on these, just passing along a good deal.

Let me know.

I'm in for two bottles if its not spoken for. I can email you a prepaid lable to make shipping easy.. : )

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I think that my source sold out. Somebody bought his last 4 cases yesterday, might have been somebody on here :wink Let me get the cases I ordered in and see how many buyers actually buy. I should have a few bottle left over to send your way. I'll be in touch with you within a week.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Mark, thanks for the quick shipment....nice consolation prize which came with the bottles..

Last edited: