My GTX arrived !

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
...was originally priced by Ford as a $13,500 option (Wow!).

It was a 13.5K option. But you didn't have have the 8500 stripe option (my memory, is that correct?). So the true cost of a heritage paint job was really only the difference between the Heritage and a striped car, not a full 13.5K over a striped car.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
It was a 13.5K option. But you didn't have have the 8500 stripe option (my memory, is that correct?). So the true cost of a heritage paint job was really only the difference between the Heritage and a striped car, not a full 13.5K over a striped car.

You are correct, almost. The Stripe option was $5,350, thus the actual MSRP difference was $8,150 for the Gulf Oil colors (maybe they gave that increase to Gulf?). :confused

Last edited:

robt777

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 28, 2010
Florida & Ohio
Car looks great Stevo. Sorry I missed connecting with you in Monaco.
Bob

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
You are correct, almost. The Stripe option was $5,350, thus the actual MSRP difference was $8,150 for the Gulf Oil colors (maybe they gave that increase to Gulf?). :confused

$5,350 just for stripes makes the Heritage paint seem like a bargain!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
$5,350 just for stripes makes the Heritage paint seem like a bargain!

And thus is my desire. I love black cars, my wife hates that I love black cars. But I think the most wonderful color combination would be either a black base car with either red or sliver bra. I had a hook on a black no strip car and was going to try to do a red stripe herigate bra and my wife nixed. For my black OCD, the blue/gold is much calmer :)

I'll add that a yellow with a black or silver bra would be a good combo. A Tungsten with a black bra would work too.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Thanx for thie pictures of the car, stevo

GTX1 Owners are the best - :thumbsup

Last edited:

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
If I remember well, (Kip remove the plate as obviously nothing is from Genaddi now) the number was 64 !

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Wanted to participate to rally, but I have got so many problems with the US Automotive Administration, US customs and Insurance for staying in the US with a Monaco plate - not to mention that I had to surrender the Monaco plate here as I missed the deadline for the tech survey ! This car is the best that America ever produced and I don't understand why Kip's project was not backgrounded by Ford.

Steve W.

Not a hi-jack, but your car was one of very favorite at the Rally. Love the color scheme. Surprised the "Saints" did not ask you to do some promo work! haha

Beautiful car!

Larry
THUGBOAT

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Sorry too !

Car looks great Stevo. Sorry I missed connecting with you in Monaco.
Bob

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
And thus is my desire. I love black cars, my wife hates that I love black cars. But I think the most wonderful color combination would be either a black base car with either red or sliver bra. I had a hook on a black no strip car and was going to try to do a red stripe herigate bra and my wife nixed. For my black OCD, the blue/gold is much calmer :)

I'll add that a yellow with a black or silver bra would be a good combo. A Tungsten with a black bra would work too.

Since this thread is already hijacked all to hell:

p1197937034-5.jpg

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Thank your for the comments, Stevo.
It means a lot to me and my crew, when owners appreciate our work.
I've been going through a heavy family crisis, as of late, so this really cheers me up!

To the questions about building GTX1s; yes, we do offer a full GTX1 roadster conversion.
We re-tooled all of the components associated with the original design, making additional refinements.
We also offer a one-piece hardtop for the existing cars. Additionally - we are completing the development of a soft top for the GTX1 that retains all of the sealing and latching refinements we developed for our hardtop design. The first article was built for Stevo, and we will post details soon.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Additionally - we are completing the development of a soft top for the GTX1 that retains all of the sealing and latching refinements we developed for our hardtop design. The first article was built for Stevo, and we will post details soon.

Kip,
Sorry to hear of your family crisis. But am looking forward to the soft top and the completion of my hardtop.

If I remember well, (Kip remove the plate as obviously nothing is from Genaddi now) the number was 64 !
The number of completed cars are in the 30's. The number designated was either by customer request or something that Gerisch pulled out of thin air.

Last edited:

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Sorry to hear that indeed. Sure a lot of people appreciate your work. As told the roof's design is perfect. I'm anxiously waiting for the soft roof ! Cheers

Thank your for the comments, Stevo.
It means a lot to me and my crew, when owners appreciate our work.
I've been going through a heavy family crisis, as of late, so this really cheers me up!

To the questions about building GTX1s; yes, we do offer a full GTX1 roadster conversion.
We re-tooled all of the components associated with the original design, making additional refinements.
We also offer a one-piece hardtop for the existing cars. Additionally - we are completing the development of a soft top for the GTX1 that retains all of the sealing and latching refinements we developed for our hardtop design. The first article was built for Stevo, and we will post details soon.

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Stevo/Kip Almost think the car looks better with Kip's top on than off! How are your CF wheels holding up? Ours (on 34) are six+ years old and still look ok.

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Well, the varnish started to crack some years ago on the CF wheels. They are not rigid enough to keep the varnish on and furthermore they are not totally airproof ! I 've ordered new HRE wheels which can clear the Wilwood calipers.

Stevo/Kip Almost think the car looks better with Kip's top on than off! How are your CF wheels holding up? Ours (on 34) are six+ years old and still look ok.

FordGT4fun

Awesome GTX1 thanks Stevo sharing the pics , i´m wondering how many GTX1 are in Europe? do you have an idea? of course when i´m in Monaco i will have my eyes big open, Monaco has so many exotics but a GTX1 is very very special. I hope you will enjoy this privilege.
Regards
Pierre

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Bonjour, Pierre
Pour autant que je sache il y a une GTX en Hollande. Ca n'a pa été facile de l'homologuer en Monaco car maintenant il faut passer par la France !
Serais heureux de vous rencontrer à Monaco...

Awesome GTX1 thanks Stevo sharing the pics , i´m wondering how many GTX1 are in Europe? do you have an idea? of course when i´m in Monaco i will have my eyes big open, Monaco has so many exotics but a GTX1 is very very special. I hope you will enjoy this privilege.
Regards
Pierre