Pe2unia's new bling! Billet braces

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
John, you guys have a lot of talent no doubt. Why didn't you make them with the same symmetry? IMHO it would look better.

Will you guys sell just the tops? Thx!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
John, you guys have a lot of talent no doubt. Why didn't you make them with the same symmetry? IMHO it would look better.

Will you guys sell just the tops? Thx!

The design is the same as the tops but just a bit smaller. We went with the same size as the stock set up so that everyone's fire suppression will still work. Yes I am sure we can work something out for just tops just PM me if that is your final decision and we will get the ball rolling.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Thx John, I'll be in touch. You guys are like billet crack dealers for GT owners :)

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
pe2unia, great idea. Those look great. Especially with the shell closed and the vents and the polished whipple on there. Nice!

Jake

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
The supports on the GT are to help keep the back end of the car both rigid and square. The billet units are 3 times more rigid and reduce torsional twist greatly so what this equals is Better more predictable cornering and better traction both in road racing and in straight line performance. The stock supports were designed with stock horsepower in mind so with many cars being modified the stock units will flex more as the Billet ones won't.

Is this statement a proven fact? How much Better are these braces going to improve traction, cornering, etc. Is this something the non racers will notice?
With all these goodies hitting this Forum, I do not know what to buy anymore nor keep up with the mods! :willy I do like the look though! :thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Is this statement a proven fact? How much Better are these braces going to improve traction, cornering, etc. Is this something the non racers will notice?
With all these goodies hitting this Forum, I do not know what to buy anymore nor keep up with the mods! :willy I do like the look though! :thumbsup

I guess looks are the major factor here. Otherways, you'd consider swaybars front and back.. I doubt the originals flex, as statically they are only there to take load in the length axis...

BillyGT

GT Owner
Jul 3, 2009
John, Your GT is Sweet!!! The billet vents and braces are the bomb!!!!!!!!!!

gt40man

GT owner
Aug 27, 2007
the quality of the vents was top notch so i think these braces will also be of the highest quality. we are lucky to have such an innovative supplier of quality parts for our cars. pe2unia just keep them coming....and thanks my vents are terrific.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
the quality of the vents was top notch so i think these braces will also be of the highest quality. we are lucky to have such an innovative supplier of quality parts for our cars. pe2unia just keep them coming....and thanks my vents are terrific.

Thanks Guys:thumbsup
Our machinist has 5 sets of Braces not spoken for so whoever wants a set come on and sign up:cheers

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here are a couple of pictures of the final product on the lower braces as we added a little more material in the center section with some other small adjustments. For those who have purchased these sets the plan is to ship on Friday. :thumbsup

Attachments

• braces 001.jpg
    braces 001.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 236
  • braces 003.jpg
    braces 003.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 236

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

I talked with our machinist and he sent a solid model to an engineering group (that he makes parts for) of both the stock and our design braces before they were manufactured (This company designs and engineers Aircraft landing systems for the US Military). When they saw how the Ford GT utilized the stock braces they did a simulation model to see what the differences between the two braces were and under load how they would react. In there simulation they were able to see both torsional twist and deflection so in their opinion that would cause both flex and traction loss epically in a IRS suspension.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
shipping update

Well all of the orders are boxed up and they will ship in the morning:banana

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Awesome! Hopefully I'm handy enough to install these before the Rally. :thumbsup

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
I was pretty much done with my car after installing Shadowman's exhaust and glove box (both of which are awesome by the way). And then this... the more I look...

Good thing my wife and I have separate accounts.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Awesome! Hopefully I'm handy enough to install these before the Rally. :thumbsup

I will post a detailed installation step by step procedure to help all during the process of installation. Give me a couple of days and I will get it posted.:cheers

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
John,just ordered a set of the braces:banana.What a great mod!Only problem is that now i want the clamshell vents too:eek Any chance you have a set of those left?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
John,just ordered a set of the braces:banana.What a great mod!Only problem is that now i want the clamshell vents too:eek Any chance you have a set of those left?

Got your payment JOETWINT :thumbsup Yes there are a few clam shell vents that are unspoken for so send me a PM with the style you prefer (stock or custom) with your PayPal address and I will send you a request for payment as I can have them shipped out the first of next week.:cheers

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
pm sent

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
pe2unia,

Please stop inventing this stuff!!! I want to be done with the mods already ( $$$ )and you are making it extremely difficult!!!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
pe2unia,

Please stop inventing this stuff!!! I want to be done with the mods already ( $$$ )and you are making it extremely difficult!!!

Come on and sign up as we do have a few braces left:biggrin You can do it:biggrin come on:biggrin :willy:willy:willy

We do have a couple more things in the works that we will bring out in a month or so but these items will be much more cost effective:cool