:eek THAT RIDE IS NICE!!! :eek

...engine pic?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I sure hope Dr Frank doesn't see this (unless he puts a condom on first)...crap I can hear the Red car thing comming.:lol

Ver nice car and the CF vents should bring praises from you know who..:lol

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
UFO 74, that is as nice a Pantera as I've ever seen (except for the Lambo like wing-sorry, just not a fan of those).
With all the mods and carbon fiber, what do you think it weighs?

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I saw a black one with a 1996 4.6 modular SVT cobra motor in it. It looked like it was built for the modular. It had plenty of room on the sides. The 96 SVT cobra motor was NA. A blower would crimp the rear visibility. Time for the Saleen S7 rear camera.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No long, leggy blondes with these pics? Perhaps in a RED dress?

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
UFO's Car

UFO,

That is an amazing car! I love the lines of the GT5S. It was a great update to the original Pantera. One day I'd like to add one of those to the collection. They just seem historically significant to me.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
just rolling art, well done!

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
UFO,

That is an amazing car! I love the lines of the GT5S. It was a great update to the original Pantera. One day I'd like to add one of those to the collection. They just seem historically significant to me.

gtinmyblood

Taken GT5S as far as I can as a reliable driver, with the best of everything. Next step would be either make it faster or turn it into show car. Been playing with Panteras since 1984, ready to move on. I am not in hurry, but would like to make room for a second Ford GT and start playing with more modern technology. If and when you are interested, let me know.

UFO74

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Test fitment of GT motor in Pantera. The transaxle is a empty shell used for fitment measurements.

What r you going to do for a trans cause it takes alot of work to fit a ricardo into a pantera. Going to go with a zf or rbt six speed? Looka great also and how does it look with the engine cover closed?

Tipo874

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Tucson, AZ
The GT motor in my car will have the ZF-2 transaxle with the 4.22 ratio in it. The decklid may have a small crown placed in it.

Another Pantera with both the GT motor and and a Ricardo transaxle is also being done and is in front of my car as far as priority to get finished goes. My understanding is that the Ricardo caused the entire back half of the car's frame to have to be rebuillt as well as the Ricardo perhaps extending out slightly past the original cars bodywork. The owner of that car visits this board and can speak to those modifications better than me. There are some pictures of his frame modifications posted by him over on the Pantera International forum site. He is also having traction control placed on the car last I heard.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
There are some pictures of his frame modifications posted by him over on the Pantera International forum site. He is also having traction control placed on the car last I heard.

Link to pics?

mardyn

Tipo874

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Here is the link but you will have to join the forum in order to view the pictures.

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6450045562/m/8490050745/p/1

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
The GT motor in my car will have the ZF-2 transaxle with the 4.22 ratio in it. The decklid may have a small crown placed in it.

That should work fine:thumbsup

Another Pantera with both the GT motor and and a Ricardo transaxle is also being done and is in front of my car as far as priority to get finished goes. My understanding is that the Ricardo caused the entire back half of the car's frame to have to be rebuillt as well as the Ricardo perhaps extending out slightly past the original cars bodywork. The owner of that car visits this board and can speak to those modifications better than me. There are some pictures of his frame modifications posted by him over on the Pantera International forum site. He is also having traction control placed on the car last I heard.

Is Wilkenson doing it? He does great work. A friend of mine had a ricardo fit in his pantera and ended up taking it out cause he didn't want to cut it up to make it work.

Tipo874

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Yes, Panteras by Wilkinson is doing both my car and the one talked about in the link above. I chose the ZF over the Ricardo for the same reason as your friend. A plus is the gear ratios available and the support network for ZF parts and work. I chose Wilkinson for the work based on his reputation for quality work and his experience with installing modular motors in Panteras. The starter mounting and clutch situation is still to be resolved. I had Steve Wilkinson contact Wilcap for a possible custom bell housing. I am hoping I can use the stock GT clutch and starter but probably not.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
All Steve needs todo is notch the block and the start will work with the zf trans. Also there is a company that makes steel bellhousings and they will work with the mod motor. When you use the Gt block in a shelby or mustang,etc you have to notch the block to for the starter to work. It can be done with a sawsall and then alum bits to clean the materail up. You don't have to take the motor apart or anything stupid like that.

Email me if you'd like and i have some info about it.
Johnandmeagans@aol.com
Later John

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Mad Dogs Pantera at Silver state classic

This is the video of Dennis "Mad Dog" Antenucci's Pantera burning after it crossed the finish line at SSC a few years back. We have some posts about it earlier in this thread but I just found the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fyqDIh2KIw

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
that was painful to watch!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
SafeCraft

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Has any Pantera owners out there tried fitting a set of Ford GT seats? I've been measuring and it appears that they may fit, especially with the drop floor pans.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Safecraft would have saved the day...
That vid makes me so sad...:frown