Lift question

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Rotary two post, with three stage arms.

Fantastic!:banana

thats very nice ted :thumbsup, I worked(at my friends shop) on my car while it was on a rotary two post very much like your and it makes working on the car 1000 times easier than a four post, although I like my four post(for storage mainly) I will be getting a two post next for working on the car.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
I'm 6' tall with a 9'6" ceiling height, anybody have similar numbers with a 4 post lift, is that enough height to work under comfortably?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'm 6' tall with a 9'6" ceiling height, anybody have similar numbers with a 4 post lift, is that enough height to work under comfortably?

i would say tall enough for a Gt and something else within reason on the top/bottom.

measure the height of the 2 cars you want to use in the lift. Add maybe 10-12 inches and there is your minimum height required.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

GT is 44 inches or so, so almost 4'. That means at least 10' if you're 6 feet tall. Unless you're sitting on a roller chair.....

i would say tall enough for a Gt and something else within reason on the top/bottom.

measure the height of the 2 cars you want to use in the lift. Add maybe 10-12 inches and there is your minimum height required.

Def. tall enough to use as a storage lift at 9'6" ceilings with a GT and something else reasonable (ie - NOT an Expedition!!). You could be 4 feet or 6 feet or even 8 feet tall then. Wouldn't matter :biggrin

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
guess I misread the OP statement but my calculations are correct for storage purposes. :wink

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
why is my signature not showing?

yes, it is enabled in my user settings.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, sorry, I could've been less obvious, but hey, it's almost the holidays, I was feeling 'mirthful'!! :wink

All in good fun my friend. :cheers

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

I think it only shows ONCE per page view. Mine's not there after my first post on this page either.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I think it only shows ONCE per page view. Mine's not there after my first post on this page either.

:thumbsup

You Canadian guys are pretty darn smart :biggrin [....now, as for Trent.....well.....:eek:lol:biggrin:rofl:willy] - .......it may be the alcohol content.
:cheers

We Still Love You Trent.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

You Canadian guys are pretty darn smart :biggrin [....now, as for Trent.....well.....:eek:lol:biggrin:rofl:willy] - .......it may be the alcohol content.

We Still Love You Trent.

LOL, if we were so smart, we'd be living in Texas or California where it's nice and warm! (it's -4F today, and I expect about 3 inches of snow.......:bored)

As for Trent, if he's got alcohol in him today, HE'S the really smart one!! :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

It only shows up once on a page. Then it is automatically disabled.
All is good:thumbsup

Since this is the Christmas season, you might just take another second,
and ask in a nicer fashion. Such as:

Wonder why my signature is not showing up?:wink
Bony, PLEASE advise when you have a chance.
Appreciate it, many thanks:thumbsup

Always glad to help!
God Bless America,
Bony

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

Yes - Same stats here. Get a rolling stool like I do. The FGT when on the lift at full height and the stool is perfect!

other cars - you don't have the height and are in the "tweener" state ala get the stool!

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB

We Still Love You Trent.

Hey wait a second - now come to think of I did have a little anti-freeze in the system when I plowed the 5" of snow off of everything yesterday.
How do you know all this stuff Fred? :biggrin

Trent

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
How do you know all this stuff Fred? :biggrin

Trent

Mrs. Spirit says I'm HAUNTED. :secret:

:huge: